Sunset scene

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
SpookyChick
SketchUp: SU 2017

Sunset scene

Post by SpookyChick » Sun May 19, 2019 5:40 pm

Here's a little something I finished this morning.. This is after 125 passes, and before PostPro. I'll update this thread with the postpro image when I get it done.

125 passes, EZ9  1.81 x 10 to the sixth polys.  Light emitter materials, all meshes original, except Skatter trees.<br />View Full Size for best!
125 passes, EZ9 1.81 x 10 to the sixth polys. Light emitter materials, all meshes original, except Skatter trees.
View Full Size for best!
Night Flight 6 .jpg (1015.88 KiB) Viewed 9310 times
Yeah, I know, what's Shinseiko doing in the studio on a weekend? TL;DR of it? Needed an escape from the real world for awhile. My 13 year old maneke-neko is having severe weight loss, and an inability / unwillingness to eat more than a little food at any given moment, and is being incredibly picky eater on top of things. Plus lot's of other issues going on, so I thought I spend some time in the studio to clear my head. This was result.

Like I said I will update when post pro is done.

Oh and for anyone still interested, book project is delayed due to other work getting in my way. Still planning release for this year.

Ja ne!

Shinseiko, aka Cathryn

Update. Never mind. I was going to put up post pro version, but unfortunately the board informs me that 1.56 MB image (.jpg) is too large, and thus not allowed.

If anyone wants to see post pro image, click on link in my sig line.
Attachments
post pro
post pro
shinseiko-kuromatsu-night-flight-6-post-pro.jpg (247.36 KiB) Viewed 9264 times

rangerrick
SketchUp: 15

Re: Sunset scene

Post by rangerrick » Mon May 20, 2019 12:52 am

I would say that your escape today into the Twilight zone, has spawned this wonderous image that stimulates the viewers imagination. I love the post pro version. The two moons in the sky immediately reminded me of a favorite movie, "Another Earth".
Well done :gj: :clap: :clap:

SpookyChick

Post by SpookyChick » Mon May 20, 2019 5:22 am

Thanks Rick! This was a fun render to do, even if setup was a pain. Skatter's UI :roll: is sometimes less than helpful, but the results are worth it. 8-)

I've got a couple other similarly large pieces I'm working on, one over two million polys; the other over four million. :shock: If someone had told me five years ago that I would be modeling in sketchup, and then rendering in TWR the kind and size of models the big kids do with Maya and Blender, :rofl: I'd have laughed in their face! Now, it's become possible. Two million seems to be about the upper limit, but still... :o

I've finally got a library of components and models coming together for myself in a style I like, so I'm hoping ot be a LOT more productive than I have been for the last few years.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad you enjoyed the postpro version!

I'm glad I do somethng I love, and good rendering software to do it with. because I'm likely to be using my work to escape from some unpleasant things in the next year or so, in order to keep myself sane. I found out recently, I not only have MS, but liver disease. That on top of what's going on with my calico, and I am going to be taking refuge in my work, for sanity's sake.

Ja ne!

Mike1158
SketchUp: V19

Post by Mike1158 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:33 am

The post pro with the two moons is so Star wars and could easily be a set from one of the later films. Very nicely done.

My ex has MS and has done for more than 25 years. Being positive is very important as is building a strong support network. Sara call her MS 'Bob' as in 'Kate, short for Bob@ from the TV show Black adder but no idea if negotiation with MS is the answer for everyone. Sara does still have conversations with her MS as a way of reducing it from something scary to a day to day event, it works apparently. She also has 'stuff' that she can look forward to out of the drudgery from day to day stuff like 'Cake Friday', it's just to remove an tendency to focus too much on the MS and more on good things in life. I wish you the very best with your MS, carpe diem. If you need to let off steam there will frequently be someone here to listen and talk should you need and emails if you need.

In a messed up quote from Star Trek 'Beyond', "YOU have the beat and shouting". :clap: :rspkt: :hat: :whoot:

SpookyChick

Post by SpookyChick » Mon May 20, 2019 1:36 pm

Thanks, Mike! That's a huge compliment, I really enjoyed the prequels (there were no later films... :lol: ) and they do some-times influence my modeling style.

Thanks also for the support. I've been living with MS for a few years, and I've found I can live with it through determination and optimism.

It's severe and advanced liver disease that I'm most worried over. Anyway, not really the place for an organ recital, mainly I'm just expressing gratitude that I have rendering software that I can do such wonderful things with.

Ja ne!

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Mon May 20, 2019 9:07 pm

Konnichiwa Shinseiko :)

post pro version added by admin ;)

I like it very much! :hat:

SpookyChick

Post by SpookyChick » Tue May 21, 2019 1:21 am

Arigato gozaimashita, Fletch! Very kind of you. :hat: :rspkt:

Glad you like the render! It's a lot of fun showing the worlds I see in my dreams...

Ja ne!

tuna57
SketchUp: SU 2015Pro SU2018Pro

Post by tuna57 » Tue May 21, 2019 3:02 pm

Most excellent !! :clap: :rspkt: :gj:
TwilightPro V2.11

SpookyChick

Post by SpookyChick » Tue May 21, 2019 4:30 pm

Arigato, Tuna! :hat: