Combat Knife - Puddle/Water Layering Experiement

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
tuna57
SketchUp: SU 2015Pro SU2018Pro

Re: Combat Knife - Puddle/Water Layering Experiement

Post by tuna57 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:49 am

Thanks SpookyChick ..... To answer your question about the Bowie Knife. Yes it took a bit of cleanup but wasn't to bad to start with. Like you I rarely download stuff from the 3D Warehouse because of "quality" issues. :whistle: Also retextured and beveled up the hard edges on the knife handle and blade. Didn't take very long. :^:
TwilightPro V2.11

SpookyChick
SketchUp: SU 2017

Post by SpookyChick » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:04 pm

Nice find, then, and it looks great.

@jxmoss: Looking forward to seeing the render when you get around to revisiting it.

Ja ne!

jxmoss
SketchUp: 2017

Post by jxmoss » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:52 pm

UPDATED!!

I took some suggestions in mind while I was remodeling this scene. More drastic lighting, Better materials, and creating a narrative with the surrounding scenery. But I do want to hear from some people about how I could add more junk to the model without taking forever. I am talking about twigs, leaves, and other junk that could be sitting in a pond or stagnate water source.

I do want to point out, again, that I am on the Hobby version of Twilight Render, so i can only go so far with the water. I might try to do a work around, messing around with other translucent material templates with water like textures.

Let me know your thoughts and tips. Really happy about this new version compared to the original. Hope you enjoy it as well.

:v: or :^:
Attachments
Combat Knife in Water
Combat Knife in Water
Combat_Knife_Puddle_2_small.jpg (1.2 MiB) Viewed 5911 times

Mike1158
SketchUp: V19

Post by Mike1158 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:08 am

Much better, the water is pretty good now and the rocks, well they rock. The knife is pretty pristine however, is the story that it has just been dropped or recently for example. It is a much better render, nicely done. :^: :clap: