Futurama - Planet Express - Enamel Pin

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
jxmoss
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:12 pm
OS: Windows 10 Home
SketchUp: 2017
Location: Kansas
Contact:

Futurama - Planet Express - Enamel Pin

Post by jxmoss » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:51 pm

Had a lot of fun on this one. Model could possibly be adjusted to get 3D printed as a coaster.

Let me know your thoughts.

:v: or :^:
Attachments
Planet Express Pin_1_small.jpg
Futurama - Planet Express - Enamel Pin Rendering
Planet Express Pin_1_small.jpg (341.04 KiB) Viewed 264 times

ntxdave
Posts: 244
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:05 pm
OS: Win 10
SketchUp: 2019Pro

Re: Futurama - Planet Express - Enamel Pin

Post by ntxdave » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:10 pm

:^:

Fletch
Posts: 10654
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:41 pm
OS: PC 64bit
SketchUp: 2018-2019
Contact:

Re: Futurama - Planet Express - Enamel Pin

Post by Fletch » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:18 pm

Good start, JXMoss, :^:

This is considered a "product shot" and so it needs some concentration on the materials and lighting to be a great render.
It could use better lighting/more interesting reflections for the material which I assume is plastic?

These two threads below should get you started as they are tutorials which have the practice scene available for download.

Subject: Pentax Camera - great model in Google 3DWarehouse

Subject: Gemstone Jewel Diamond Wine Glass and Spoon by Massimo

tuna57
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:54 pm

Re: Futurama - Planet Express - Enamel Pin

Post by tuna57 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:10 am

:^: Great subject and a great start. Agree with Fletch just some tweaking of materials and lighting and it will be over the top.

pbacot
Posts: 284
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:27 am
OS: MacOSXMojave
SketchUp: 2019

Re: Futurama - Planet Express - Enamel Pin

Post by pbacot » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:23 am

It would make a great lapel pin, and everyone would want to know what it's for.

jxmoss
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:12 pm
OS: Windows 10 Home
SketchUp: 2017
Location: Kansas
Contact:

Re: Futurama - Planet Express - Enamel Pin

Post by jxmoss » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:36 pm

UPDATED:
Let me know your thoughts
:v: or :^:
Attachments
Planet Express Pin_2_small.jpg
Futurama - Planet Express - Enamel Pin UPDATE
Planet Express Pin_2_small.jpg (955.52 KiB) Viewed 226 times

Mike1158
Posts: 758
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:15 pm

Re: Futurama - Planet Express - Enamel Pin

Post by Mike1158 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:34 am

I like that, a lot. :^: :clap:

Fletch
Posts: 10654
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:41 pm
OS: PC 64bit
SketchUp: 2018-2019
Contact:

Re: Futurama - Planet Express - Enamel Pin

Post by Fletch » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:32 pm

This is a perfect little scene for practicing your lighting skills. :^:

I like it a lot, but again, the reflections on the object are not "up to snuff" compared to the attention one would give (like in this example with Twilight Render by Massimo in "Uncompromising Black" where he worked to get the perfect reflection in the rendering from the HDR lighting image he used. One needs to study the photography of product shots in order to become excellent at similar object rendering in 3D.
Subject: Jewelry and Product Shots - the Right Light
try searching studio hdr images
Subject: Studio for product shots

Subject: Diamonds, Wine Glass, and Spoon by Massimo

tuna57
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:54 pm

Re: Futurama - Planet Express - Enamel Pin

Post by tuna57 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:23 pm

Getting better... :^:

Fletch is spot on with his comments and be sure to check out the links he provided.

My thoughts ...... I think the flooring can use some more shine. Also this is the type of scene that really can "pop" with the use of "multi light" studio HDRI's .

jxmoss
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:12 pm
OS: Windows 10 Home
SketchUp: 2017
Location: Kansas
Contact:

Re: Futurama - Planet Express - Enamel Pin

Post by jxmoss » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:37 am

2nd Update (07/09/2019)

I took everyone's concerns to thought and followed the instructions of @Fletch to obtain perfect reflection for metal surfaces. I had to tweak a few settings that world work with my specific model, but the HDRI lighting config worked out great! Thank you, everyone, that has helped me this far. I want to go back to abstract renderings but also respect that this is a place of realism. If you follow me on Instagram, @jxmoss, I will give you a follow back. I am really bad about posting content on social media, but trying to be better. Thank you, to the Twilight Rendering community, and I want to continue the growth of this community, that I know this forum has established.

Let me know your thoughts on the newest edition of the Futurama - Planet Express Logo - Enamel Pin rendering. (Express 10 +, 104 cycles, 9hrs20min, I7-7700k setup) Still figuring out the forum so hopefully everyone will see this update.

:v: or :^:

PS: Had to make the image smaller than the final rendering that is on my computer so I don't slow everyone's connection to the Twilight Forum Server...you are welcome ;)

*For some reason I cannot add @SpookyChick to this feed so I hope she is able to see this update.
tuna57 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:23 pm
Getting better... :^:

Fletch is spot on with his comments and be sure to check out the links he provided.

My thoughts ...... I think the flooring can use some more shine. Also this is the type of scene that really can "pop" with the use of "multi light" studio HDRI's .
Fletch wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:32 pm
This is a perfect little scene for practicing your lighting skills. :^:

I like it a lot, but again, the reflections on the object are not "up to snuff" compared to the attention one would give (like in this example with Twilight Render by Massimo in "Uncompromising Black" where he worked to get the perfect reflection in the rendering from the HDR lighting image he used. One needs to study the photography of product shots in order to become excellent at similar object rendering in 3D.
Subject: Jewelry and Product Shots - the Right Light
try searching studio hdr images
Subject: Studio for product shots

Subject: Diamonds, Wine Glass, and Spoon by Massimo
Mike1158 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:34 am
I like that, a lot. :^: :clap:
Attachments
Planet Express Pin_3_792019.jpg
Futurama - Planet Express - Enamel Pin_792019
Planet Express Pin_3_792019.jpg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 175 times

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 7 guests