Futurama - Planet Express - Enamel Pin

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Futurama - Planet Express - Enamel Pin

Post by Fletch » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:30 pm

The metal looks excellent now, the other textures are good - I was expecting some reflections in the plastic colors of the pin, but I guess you have a very matte finish plastic for some reason?
Looking great!

We like any kind of work done with Twilight Render Plugin for SketchUp here on the fourm. We are focusing on realism here because it appeared from your posts that you wanted some sort of realism.

There is actually a Toon material procedural so that non photo-realistic renderings (NPR) can be created. Also there are many other modes, including Overlay method available, so don't let our focusing on photo realism scare you away from the artistic non photo real path, it's just that's what we expected you desired here in this case. :hat:

jxmoss
SketchUp: 2017

Post by jxmoss » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:36 am

I am going to call this rendering done! I have some more stuff in mind but thank you Fletch for the notion of the highlights in the colored areas. I think this is the best I am going to get it. Thank you, everyone for all of the help and it turned out great.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear some for some inspiration.

Opinion:

:v: or :^:
Fletch wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:30 pm The metal looks excellent now, the other textures are good - I was expecting some reflections in the plastic colors of the pin, but I guess you have a very matte finish plastic for some reason?
Looking great!

We like any kind of work done with Twilight Render Plugin for SketchUp here on the fourm. We are focusing on realism here because it appeared from your posts that you wanted some sort of realism.

There is actually a Toon material procedural so that non photo-realistic renderings (NPR) can be created. Also there are many other modes, including Overlay method available, so don't let our focusing on photo realism scare you away from the artistic non photo real path, it's just that's what we expected you desired here in this case. :hat:
Attachments
Futurama - Planet Express - Enamel Pin Final
Futurama - Planet Express - Enamel Pin Final
Planet Express Pin_4_7102019.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 6900 times

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:05 am

Excellent progress - definitely gallery worthy. :^:

I'd be interested to see other artists' renderings of this pin, if you shared the file here for them to try, we could all learn something about lighting/materials. Great little model. :^:

Pilou

Post by Pilou » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:46 pm

8-)
Pilou (Frenchy)
Is beautiful that please without concept!
Speedy Galerie