Master Bedroom

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
recneps0610
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 5:23 pm
OS: Window 8
SketchUp: 2017

Master Bedroom

Post by recneps0610 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:42 am

It's been a long time since I last post. Hope everyone is fine. Did a recent interior proposal of a bedroom, and thought of sharing. Do let me know what you think. :)
Attachments
Mbed 20200906_S4-800px.jpg
Mbed 20200906_S4-800px.jpg (801.74 KiB) Viewed 746 times
Simplicity is not simple ;)

Mike1158
Posts: 899
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:15 pm
OS: W10
SketchUp: V19

Re: Master Bedroom

Post by Mike1158 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:55 am

Very sharp, lots to like. :^:

recneps0610
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 5:23 pm
OS: Window 8
SketchUp: 2017

Re: Master Bedroom

Post by recneps0610 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:42 am

Thanks Mike :)
Simplicity is not simple ;)

Fletch
Posts: 11231
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:41 pm
OS: PC 64bit
SketchUp: 2013-20
Contact:

Re: Master Bedroom

Post by Fletch » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:05 pm

recneps0610, very good! :^:

tuna57
Posts: 505
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:54 pm

Re: Master Bedroom

Post by tuna57 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:02 pm

Definitely has “today’s look” :gj:

recneps0610
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 5:23 pm
OS: Window 8
SketchUp: 2017

Re: Master Bedroom

Post by recneps0610 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:35 am

Fletch wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:05 pm recneps0610, very good! :^:
Thanks Fletch ;)
Simplicity is not simple ;)

recneps0610
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 5:23 pm
OS: Window 8
SketchUp: 2017

Re: Master Bedroom

Post by recneps0610 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:35 am

tuna57 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:02 pm Definitely has “today’s look” :gj:
Thanks Tuna :) :)
Simplicity is not simple ;)

Fletch
Posts: 11231
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:41 pm
OS: PC 64bit
SketchUp: 2013-20
Contact:

Re: Master Bedroom

Post by Fletch » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:25 am

This is my most important tip lately, as it's surprisingly important and simple to do:
In the SketchUp material editor use the HLS type color editor, and slide that "L" - "lightness" slider down the same amount for all your textures - slide it down approximately 30% so that uniformly you make all your materials relatively darker. Most importantly all of your lighter materials (like the texture in your scene containing white, but also some other colors) but not only that - be sure to set all white surfaces like ceiling and walls in your scene to 70% grey.

Why?
This is closer to real-world physics and proper gamma space for your textures/colors/materials.
This means that the calculations for the light bounces will be more accurate, and so the error check that is built into the rendering algorithm will reject less of it's calculations and have to correct less, which means it will find a good result more quickly.

Be sure your light powers are set to real-world realistic values, if you find yourself increasing light powers more and more, then it could be that something is wrong. Instead, you should use the Post-Process tab in the Render Dialog (little button at bottom of dialog box) to adjust the brightness of the rendering. Try adjust the Light and Dark values found on the Linear tab inside of the Post-Process Dialog - it can give better results in many cases - especially with interior renderings when interior lights are shining directly on nearby light-colored surfaces.

After you feel you have gotten this set up right, you can then individually boost/decrease the relative "lightness" of each texture. You should be comparing the lightness of the rendered wood and the rendered white walls and other adjacent materials. It is a balance between the artist's eye and actual physics of light in this phase.

Subject: Puck Lights - free scene
Fletch wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:43 pm This scene is interesting because of the lighting, but also, the materials.

Here is some information on the materials.
Most importantly - White kept to 70% grey, Black at 9% black.
Image

recneps0610
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 5:23 pm
OS: Window 8
SketchUp: 2017

Re: Master Bedroom

Post by recneps0610 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:00 am

Noted :) all my render works now doesn't use real world values anymore, rather i lower the value then increase with exposure. I'll take note with the new tutorials and tips Fletch ;D :D
Fletch wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:25 am This is my most important tip lately, as it's surprisingly important and simple to do:
In the SketchUp material editor use the HLS type color editor, and slide that "L" - "lightness" slider down the same amount for all your textures - slide it down approximately 30% so that uniformly you make all your materials relatively darker. Most importantly all of your lighter materials (like the texture in your scene containing white, but also some other colors) but not only that - be sure to set all white surfaces like ceiling and walls in your scene to 70% grey.

Why?
This is closer to real-world physics and proper gamma space for your textures/colors/materials.
This means that the calculations for the light bounces will be more accurate, and so the error check that is built into the rendering algorithm will reject less of it's calculations and have to correct less, which means it will find a good result more quickly.

Be sure your light powers are set to real-world realistic values, if you find yourself increasing light powers more and more, then it could be that something is wrong. Instead, you should use the Post-Process tab in the Render Dialog (little button at bottom of dialog box) to adjust the brightness of the rendering. Try adjust the Light and Dark values found on the Linear tab inside of the Post-Process Dialog - it can give better results in many cases - especially with interior renderings when interior lights are shining directly on nearby light-colored surfaces.

After you feel you have gotten this set up right, you can then individually boost/decrease the relative "lightness" of each texture. You should be comparing the lightness of the rendered wood and the rendered white walls and other adjacent materials. It is a balance between the artist's eye and actual physics of light in this phase.

Subject: Puck Lights - free scene
Fletch wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:43 pm This scene is interesting because of the lighting, but also, the materials.

Here is some information on the materials.
Most importantly - White kept to 70% grey, Black at 9% black.
Image
Simplicity is not simple ;)

Fletch
Posts: 11231
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:41 pm
OS: PC 64bit
SketchUp: 2013-20
Contact:

Re: Master Bedroom

Post by Fletch » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:15 am

recneps0610 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:00 am all my render works now doesn't use real world values anymore,
:totgm:
Fletch wrote:Be sure your light powers are set to real-world realistic values

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests