The Disintegration Machine

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: The Disintegration Machine

Post by Fletch » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:05 am

tuna57 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:14 am Inspired by the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle short story "The Disintegration Machine" . My interpretation of Theodore Nemor's machine for world dominance !
I love that you have created a fascinating fan fiction illustration for this short story! :clap:

Respect to the artist! :hat:
This will be my last... You be the judge
Well, you said it's your last, so I shouldn't make comments. But I took your advice and read the story and it describes the space and the chair as having a lot of heavy cables of wires and a polished disc of copper above the chair.

I don't know if there's a good tool for creating realistic cables in SketchUp, but it may go a long way to adding realism/interest.

tuna57
SketchUp: SU 2015Pro SU2018Pro

Post by tuna57 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:06 pm

Always grateful for your comments and critiques . Don't believe me when I say it will be my last shot at this model. I'm a notorious liar , just ask around :rofl: . I did take some "artistic" license with some of the details in the model. Spent way to much time trying to string heavy cables all over. Never could get the darn things to suit me... then I hit on the idea of the solid copper coil above the chair, thought it was kind of cool. It was a fun but challenging render to do and it REALLY pushed my not so great post pro skills. Cheers :hat:
TwilightPro V2.11

Mike1158
SketchUp: V19

Post by Mike1158 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:32 pm

I would like to see an E-book with a story that uses your renders in this style, I would buy it mate. :clap: :whoot: :hat: