80's mi

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
GiorgiMelkadze3DArt
SketchUp: Sketchup 2020

80's mi

Post by GiorgiMelkadze3DArt » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:06 pm

I was in a hurry, to create mystic poster for competition, but nah :( I did not have time for that :(
i said i was in a harry, so because of ther hurry render is not as good as i wanted. i will re-render it soon
renderi 1.4.png
renderi 1.4.png (6.88 MiB) Viewed 6770 times

tuna57
SketchUp: SU 2015Pro SU2018Pro

Re: 80's mi

Post by tuna57 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:25 pm

Great story. Looking forward to more. :^:
TwilightPro V2.11

GiorgiMelkadze3DArt

Post by GiorgiMelkadze3DArt » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:35 pm

Thank you tuna. Tuna do you know how tu use GIF as material inTwilight render. fo example i want to get animated TV screen. how can i use GIf ?

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:01 pm

GiorgiMelkadze3DArt wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:35 pm Thank you tuna. Tuna do you know how tu use GIF as material inTwilight render. fo example i want to get animated TV screen. how can i use GIf ?
You will create your TV show gif in some other computer program for making .gif videos. (I like Screen-to-gif)
Then load that into the emitter material slot in Twilight.
Then render with Extensions>Twilight V2>Animation Render dialog

Subject: V2 Tutorials Animated GIFs #gif #GIF
Fletch wrote: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:32 pm Animated GIF files can at last be rendered in SketchUp with Twilight V2 - think flickering fireplace fires, or movies on TVs in your animated fly through.

GIF textures can not be directly placed as a texture in SketchUp so you will need to save a copy of the .gif file in a common image format like .jpg or .png. Then apply this image as a texture in SketchUp.
After this, apply a Twilight Material Template and load the animated .gif texture into the Color slot. Then render the animation using the Animation Render dialog.

Here are the detailed steps:
  1. Insert a copy of your animated .gif image that has been saved as a .jpg or .png format as a texture in your SU scene, you will likely need to apply a Twilight Template to the texture.
  2. Change the Color slot in the material from the default "SketchUp" to "Texture"
  3. Change the "type" of image texture file to search for .gif file types.
  4. Choose your animated GIF file that matches the .jpg or .png texture file you have inserted into SU's material.
  5. Set up your animated camera if so desired. For still camera, you will need to duplicate your scene, as scene transition time is what determines the length of your video.
  6. If you have set up multiple cameras, go to SketchUp pull-down menu "Window>Model Info" and set interval in seconds for your cameras, such as "1" second or "2" second transition.
  7. Open the Animation Editor/Render Animation Dialog for Twilight Render via the Extensions (Plugins) pull-down menu>TwilightV2>Animation Render
  8. Choose to Animate All
  9. Choose your desired render setting - suggested to use the Animation Render Settings folder.
  10. Set the length for your animation. This will be a function dependent on how many cameras you have and what transition interval you have specified in SU.
    Animation length explained: If the transition time is 2s and you have only 2 cameras, the length of the animation will be 2seconds. If you have 4 cameras, this is 3 transitions... so 3x2=6 second animation length.
  11. Choose a very low resolution for test rendering.
  12. Choose your framerate - default is 30 frames per second (fps) 5fps is recommended for test rendering. 24fps is movie theater film framerate 30fps is television frame rate.
  13. The animation will be rendered one frame at a time and saved in the format, and named, and placed in the location you specify under "Base Image Name"
  14. Hit Play to render the animation.
  15. After render is complete, open the image sequence in a video editor such as Quick Time Pro on Mac or Windows Live Movie Maker or Virtual Dub for Windows.
  16. Using the Video Editor > Save the animation as .mpg or .mov or .avi or other video format of your choice.

GiorgiMelkadze3DArt

Post by GiorgiMelkadze3DArt » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:44 pm

Fletch i used (screen to gif) program but have not idea how to upload gif inda twilight, texture slot only suggests me images and not gif :! what the format would it be? i mean gif. i saved it as a GIF again.
twl.jpg
twl.jpg (369.95 KiB) Viewed 6710 times

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:10 pm

Change "Color" from "SketchUp" to "Texture" and browse to your .gif.
Untitled-2.png
Untitled-2.png (72.8 KiB) Viewed 6697 times
Fletch wrote: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:32 pm
  1. Insert a copy of your animated .gif image that has been saved as a .jpg or .png format as a texture in your SU scene, you will likely need to apply a Twilight Template to the texture.
  2. Change the Color slot in the material from the default "SketchUp" to "Texture"
  3. Change the "type" of image texture file to search for .gif file types.
  4. Choose your animated GIF file that matches the .jpg or .png texture file you have inserted into SU's material.
I shared an example file with instructions here:
Subject: V2 Tutorials Animated GIFs #gif #GIF