NOT a render yet.....

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
Mike1158
SketchUp: V19

NOT a render yet.....

Post by Mike1158 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:36 pm

I am working on another jam jar, well obviously not when too hot.

Trying to find a good design and create A`1 surfaces everywhere which is difficult with the modelr used.

I would appreciate it if anyone can see something car body wise that I have missed please. I know the render is just for surface check and no studio etc is being used.
Attachments
Gherkin 6 9 32p 1h 34m Ir 0 R.jpg
Gherkin 6 9 32p 1h 34m Ir 0 R.jpg (133.63 KiB) Viewed 5025 times

posodrac
SketchUp: SU 17 Make

Re: NOT a render yet.....

Post by posodrac » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:25 pm

Mike, the top of the window frame of the door is very much large than the verticals, and not align with the chassi triangle where supposedly, in ancient cars would be a side mirror. Maybe you should integrate that triangle with the door. There's a reflection in the top gap of the door. Is there a jamb for the door in the thickness of the chassis? I hope you understand my car parts english!

Mike1158
SketchUp: V19

Re: NOT a render yet.....

Post by Mike1158 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:17 pm

G'day mate,

The door frame has an inset into the roof frame which is why it looks a bit odd.

The greenhouse is canted inwards too.

The area where you see the dark triangle is merely a piece of decoration.

I am trying to allow for frame thickness and the chamfering of different frames. It's not close top being finished yet.

The body is narrower front and rear to allow for the central driving position. the two passengers either side and slightly behind and an in line three cylinder turbocharged engine with an electric motor at the back. It is very much a bespoke design so I shall show some more views so you can get what I am saying better. Sorry my word finding issues can be a pain and if it does not get cooler soon I shall be a very bespoke smelling puddle on my nice laminate floor. Another area of life where 'slip-sliding-away' is not a good thing. Peuuuuuuuu...

Thanks for the comments, it is quite a lonely thing trying to design a car that looks like one.....

:hat: :^: