Will you share your Favorite Twilight Rendering of All-time?

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Will you share your Favorite Twilight Rendering of All-time?

Post by Fletch » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:07 pm

We have a very difficult challenge for you!

We have been working to update the Showcase Gallery with all of the images we think are worthy of entry there.
For quite a while now we have been "cherry-picking" our favorites and featuring some of the best images on our Twilight Render Facebook Page but this got us wondering.

What is your favorite rendering of all-time done with Twilight Render? There are just so many incredible works displayed here in the forum.

Reply below, and place a link to the Twilight Render image or images you like best of all time. Maybe limit yourself to "my top 5"? You can choose your own images, or those from another artist here on the forum.

We will compile those images into a special album here and on the Facebook page.

Need an appetizer?

Attachments
TwilightLogo_Transparent_small.png
TwilightLogo_Transparent_small.png (56.77 KiB) Viewed 7978 times

posodrac
SketchUp: SU 17 Make

Re: The Favorite All-time Render with Twilight?

Post by posodrac » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:21 pm

Hi everyone, it's been a long journey for me with Twilight Render so, I've seen a lot.
I think, TR team should feel proud to get over the years feedback through renderings, from talented CG artists such as:
Alvydas, Archavi, Fletch, Fymoro, JCA131, Kronox, Majid, Massimo, Ramy Ramroum, Sergio, among others, that create magic even with V.1, whether it was architecture, interior design or product shots.

I'm more of a composition guy, so here are my choices in alphabetical order:

Jo-Ke's "American Diner"

Massimo's "Two Glasses"

Rangerrick's "Vinyl Records and Turntables"
RTD Laboratories "Subway tunnel"

Sergio's "Mountain Bike by the cottage"

RTD Laboratories
SketchUp: Make 2017

Re: The Favorite All-time Render with Twilight?

Post by RTD Laboratories » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:41 pm

Hello again :)

I know it's been a while since I posted anything here, but I have been keeping track of the posts on FB, and figured I should make my contribution to this one.

As a side-note, a reason for my absence. At first, it was losing interest in general, not only to 3D but most things I used to do in my spare time. With everything else happening (pandemic, reorganization at work) I needed something to distract myself, so I started on a project I have been waiting to do for quite a while (a kind of tech-demo scene in unreal engine). I was pretty public about it, keeping a kind of dev-blog, and that eventually lead to me getting a few commissions that I'm working on right now, and that are taking up pretty much all my free time. Add me buying my own house and starting renovations on it on top of all this, and even I am surprised how I manage to keep track of everything. Nevertheless, I really miss this community, I miss making renders and such just for fun, and really look forward to getting back here once I get everything else sorted out.

That being said, here are my 5 picks, in no particular order:

"Tiger Swallowtail" - by rangerrick
A simple render yet very pleasing to look at, especially now in the cold gray winter days.

"Virtual restoration of the guest house" - by alvydas
I like the detail work here, and it also reminds me of a place I visited while in Ukraine, at least style-wise.

"Retro Robot" - by tuna57
Being a fan (and to a degree a collector) of retro tech myself, this one was a given ;)

"Chemical laboratory" - by jo-ke
Another render with great attention to detail, and focus on realism in both visual and technical forms.

"Reality Show" - by posodrac
This one just cracks me up every time I see it :D

I could go on because there are many more great works, but then the post would be a bit too long. I also haven't had the time to check all the new works posted while I was gone, but from what I've seen there are some new artists who look very promising, so maybe there's a chance for a "round 2" of this someday..

See you again sometime in the future, and keep up the good work ;)
(Also I couldn't figure out how to add more than 3 attachments.. so I'll just link the works in question)
Andrew F

tuna57
SketchUp: SU 2015Pro SU2018Pro

Re: Will you share your Favorite Twilight Rendering of All-time?

Post by tuna57 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:37 pm

Good gosh…. No way I can choose a favorite. To many spectacular 3D Artists using Twilight. To all of them my greatest :rspkt: :hat:
TwilightPro V2.11

that.skpguy
SketchUp: 2022

Re: Will you share your Favorite Twilight Rendering of All-time?

Post by that.skpguy » Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:34 pm

I'm relatively new here on this forum page and having browsing around and stumbling across RTD Laboratories' work, I'm floored.
Absolutely phenomenal! The details and light quality!
So pick any of their renders.