Latest try...

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
tomsdesk

Re: Latest try...

Post by tomsdesk » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:38 pm

Hey Flip...thanks, and yeah, I got stuck on the loneliness of the image last night so left it kinda empty. Those trees :`) I made them...should be on sale before Valentine's Day.

shura
SketchUp: Pro 7.1

Post by shura » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:03 am

I definitely like the first one best. It looks so realistically handmade. Although the other two are very powerful as well. With the last one I am not sure at all, it is missing some impact - maybe it is the camera angle, It feels a little too parallel and tidy.
Your new trees are really great, true wannahaves! Cant wait til vday :clap: My watercolor tests need more work before being posted, but thanks again for putting me on the track.

@flipya: tomsdesk is designing collections of 2.5D Trees and shrubs. you can get them at solo's place: http://solosplace.com/default.aspx

red_shift

Post by red_shift » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:05 pm

Tomsdesk: Still anxiously awaiting your latest tree creations! This sort of technique using Fotosketcher is one I have adopted for projects that have a short time frame or lower budget and I think yields a really good result. The attached image is one I did using this method for a client's marketing brochure. It has a small amount of added hand work using PS and a pen tablet. But it's basically from scratch from SU linework and a pretty quick Twilight render. For more complex projects I generally start with a render from Twilight (or Maxwell, since I'm still waiting on a Mac version of Twilight) to give me a handle on lighting and reflections, but then I work up a highly layered image in PS from various Sketchup outputs, photographic snippets, and a good bit of hand drawing with the tablet. Any of these methods really adds a warmth that many pure software renders don't have. Of course, I'm stuck with fixed vantage points, so I have to worry a lot up front about picking a good POV. But I don't have to worry so much about material tweaking, high poly counts, or lots of the more technical things, since I simulate a lot of things by hand. I love Twilight's ability to add lighting so easily and give me good renders quickly.
Final2_sm.jpg
Final2_sm.jpg (396.32 KiB) Viewed 10311 times

tomsdesk

Post by tomsdesk » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:11 pm

Nice image, Red...another pleasing use of FS: I still haven't completely explored the extent of this little program! Yeah, the new trees hit a shadow snag: had to come up with a new system for SU shadows...plus a little more hourly work hit the desk which again takes priority. I'm looking at the end of the month now...I hope?!?

flipya
SketchUp: 7

Post by flipya » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:40 pm

tomsdesk wrote:should be on sale before Valentine's Day.
So when can we expect to hand over our hardearned cash? :D

EDIT: Nevermind, missed your latest post :oops: You will put a notice up on the forums when they come out right?
Some say there are no stupid questions. I'm in the habit of proving those people wrong.

tomsdesk

Post by tomsdesk » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:38 pm

flipya wrote:...You will put a notice up on the forums when they come out right?
You betcha...so glad you're askin'!

yellow

Post by yellow » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:45 pm

That's NEAT! Love LOVE the watercolor treatment on the leaves, clouds, and of *course* the architecture. Great work! Gotta try some of this myself! 8-)

-S

TSolt

Post by TSolt » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:27 pm

Very nice watercolor effect, I like the styles your using! :rspkt: