interior - first impression + update MLT

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
rcossoli

interior - first impression + update MLT

Post by rcossoli » Tue May 05, 2009 4:42 am

I'm trying this new program
Pe sy found other good things that need more development, but are normal in a developing tool.
I am having problems with nothing more than smoothing out of the shadows and methods biased, because I can not control the values of AA, if it can be done.
neither can edit kerkythea materials, although maybe that is herror mine.
Well these are my first two images made with this engine.
Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (200.95 KiB) Viewed 23668 times
5 - 2.jpg
5 - 2.jpg (188.6 KiB) Viewed 23662 times
Last edited by rcossoli on Fri May 08, 2009 11:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ecuadorian
SketchUp: 7.1

Re: interior - first impression

Post by Ecuadorian » Tue May 05, 2009 6:20 am

To control AA, you can make your own presets in Kerkythea and copy them to
C:\Archivos de programa\Google\Google SketchUp 7\Plugins\Twilight\RenderSettings
I'm assuming you're using the Spanish version of XP.

rcossoli

Post by rcossoli » Tue May 05, 2009 11:16 am

Hablemos en castellano ;)
Como es eso de hacer una configuracion en kerkythea y pegarla en la carpeta del Twilight? podrian explicarme un poco mas detalladamente eso?
Hay muchas cosas que me quedaron sin resolver pero es porque aun no llevo ni un dia completo con este nuevo programa

How's that for a configuration kerkythea and paste in the folder of Twilight? could explain a little more detail that?
There are many things that I remained unresolved because it is not even wearing a full-day or this new program

Dan

Post by Dan » Tue May 05, 2009 12:11 pm

Twilight still depends on KT in many (actually "some" ;) ) ways.
The presets are one of them.
The un-editable KT materials would be another...
Only materials made based on SU applied materials and the TWL templates can be edited (for now...).

rcossoli

Post by rcossoli » Tue May 05, 2009 12:46 pm

We will continue looking into this program then
C & C are welcome. :mrgreen:

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Tue May 05, 2009 1:46 pm

Try rendering this scene using Easy setting = High+
I will post some render settings for better shadows. (I have run into this and am discussing w/ Chris)

If you wish to edit a KT material, and it's simply the jpg in the diffuse channel you really need, then apply the library material, right-click and choose "to Sketchup" to send the image from the material into SketchUp.
Then modify the size of the material using SketchUp's native material mapping tools.
Then use Twilight's material template to give properties to that new SketchUp material, for instance for a wood floor try Plastick>Shiny and then you can mofify the IOR, bump, specular channel image, etc.

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Tue May 05, 2009 2:37 pm

Nice image rcossoli!

I know that a lot of people coming over from KT will expect all the features of KT to be available. But the intention of Twilight is really to streamline a lot of the common operations. So, yeah, you can use KT to produce presets, but I hope that Twilight can provide the presets you need without resorting to that.
And, except for the really advanced / complex materials, there is really no reason at all that you should even need to use the KT materials. The Twilight materials cover a wide range of types, and are actually going to be more accurate, and a lot easier to use, than what you find in a KT library.
It will take some time to get used to the differences, but if you don't expect it to be KT, I hope you will find Twilight provides everything you need.

rcossoli

Post by rcossoli » Tue May 05, 2009 3:09 pm

Thanks for the comments.
I like the program is fully integrated with sketchup, clear that as standalone kerkythea also has its advantages.
with regard to materials, which could not edit it myself just created by editing the different channels.

rcossoli

Re: interior - first impression + update

Post by rcossoli » Thu May 07, 2009 12:35 am

Hello
this is a new image of the scene, with a little more work on the lighting
This rendered a couple of hours on the high-easy method, I think it is much better quality of AA from this way

Federicospoltore

Re: interior - first impression + update

Post by Federicospoltore » Thu May 07, 2009 12:57 am

Buenisima !

I like how improve this scene. May be you can reduce a little the bump of the wooden floor and turn on the spots, that would give much more realism to the scene ;)

good job ! !