Staff Locker Room

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
Elibjr

Staff Locker Room

Post by Elibjr » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:43 pm

Hello,

These are two renderings I did using a model I did a few months ago based on a project our office designed. This was modeled completely in Sketup 6 free and originally rendered with IRender NxT. All I did here was take the lights and gave them a emitting material! All the textures came over except the chrome for the sink and the trashcan. That was originally retextured in I Render. The first is the 800x600 original in IRender Nxt, then the small image was done in 15hrs using the "04 medium" twighlight setting. Unfortunately I forgot to turn off the physical sky and sunlight... so there is bleed. I also used the "per material setting", boy that was dumb. The 10xx x 590+ rendering was done in 3 1/2 hrs with no post processing uning the "definitions/instancing" setting and the basic "09interiors" seting...
I like this software.

Elibjr

Re: Staff Locker Room

Post by Elibjr » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:52 pm

Here is the Interiors one done in Twilight.
Attachments
this one is with the 09 Interiors setting.
this one is with the 09 Interiors setting.
Staff Locker Rm-3 1012_shrunk.jpg (217.88 KiB) Viewed 7559 times

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:37 am

I think it's looking great. In addition to the chrome, it looks like the glass from the microwave and coffee pot need to be setup also.

I think the overall tone and color is very realistic.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:50 am

Welcome, Elibjr! :D

Looking very good!

Yes, for interior scenes using light emitting surfaces Easy setting 09 will be your best choice. This is most true also when blurry metals are used (like in this scene).

When using Easy09, try the NK Metal Library for your metals. They are most scientifically accurate and look great with progressive render methods. (Don't forget to smooth the trash can and apply a metal material)

Turning sun off and setting sky to color of black will save some render time when they are not being used (for images like this) but time savings will not be that noticeable when using Easy09.