centre equestre

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
ScottPara

Re: centre equestre

Post by ScottPara » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:01 pm

The one thing that kills me here is the lack of displacement for all that stone work. Don't get me wrong I LOVE twilight but on renders like this I have to look elsewhere.

All in all great work

Scott

Frederik
SketchUp: SU 8.0

Post by Frederik » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:12 pm

First of all...
Job well done, Ramy...!! :^:
I like the mood in your renders and the overall presentation looks really good...!

I'm sure your client isn't complaining... :)
ScottPara wrote:The one thing that kills me here is the lack of displacement for all that stone work. Don't get me wrong I LOVE twilight but on renders like this I have to look elsewhere.
I must admit, that it's actually rare that I use displacement...
For exterior shots like these the camera view is - in most of my renders - seen from a distance and on a distance it's really difficult to see displaced materials...
Secondly... Displaced materials comes with a price... Long render times...

I'm sure we'll see displacement in TWR some day, but apart from one of the views in the renders Ramy have presented here (the first image), I don't feel displacement is particular needed here...
In that case I'd rather discuss the use of 2D entourage, which IMO always gives a good render away...

Just my 2 cents...
Cheers
Kim Frederik
Twilight Render Support
“…Life is drawing without an eraser...”

ScottPara

Post by ScottPara » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:34 am

Frederik,

I free that displacement is not a widely or often used feature but doing residential exteriors it is needed and wanted more often than not. For interiors I rarely use it unless it is for the typical shag rug. There is no denying that the first image would be greatly benefited by the use of displacement. I would love to see this feature come to Twilight as that is by far the one reason I can not use it at times.

Scott