House Rendering

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
Boofredlay
SketchUp: 2014

House Rendering

Post by Boofredlay » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:06 pm

After some tweaking and modeling I was able to get this one up to a level where I felt comfortable rendering it.
If you are an SCF member you might remember this from a couple years ago.

The material setup was easy, thanks. Lighting is getting easy to understand and the background, again thanks.

I am getting some burning on the right of the image and I don't know why. Under the Fascia at the top right and under the lip of the balcony on the right.
This image could do with some line overlay so I will try the TR line rendering next.

Any other tips for improvement?

Edit: I rendered at 2000 pix wide on Low (I think). It took 20 Min.
Attachments
J13_2.jpg
J13_2.jpg (400.62 KiB) Viewed 10168 times

tomsdesk

Re: House Rendering

Post by tomsdesk » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:41 pm

Lovely, Eric!

Boofredlay

Post by Boofredlay » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:49 pm

Thank you Tom.

I started another couple using the edge lines and got some odd results. When just checking the "Use Edge Lines" it seems to show all lines, hidden and not. When checking "Weld Vertices" it seems as if TR is smoothing the geometry. Here is the top on a "Prelim" pass.
J14.jpg
J14.jpg (51.74 KiB) Viewed 10153 times
Here is the rendering in the first post with a line overlay done the "old fashioned" way, with Photoshop using the Multiply layer filter and set at about 15% opacity.
Attachments
J15.jpg
J15.jpg (405.85 KiB) Viewed 10158 times

Boofredlay

Post by Boofredlay » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:11 am

Here is the same scene again with some lighting tweaks. I managed to get the light leaking to go away on the right but there is a blue leak mid image on the bottom, next to the pilaster.
J16_1.jpg
J16_1.jpg (371.66 KiB) Viewed 10150 times
Here is the same, cleaned up the light leak and added a line overlay again.
J16_2.jpg
J16_2.jpg (381.96 KiB) Viewed 10500 times

fymoro
SketchUp: 8

Post by fymoro » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:25 pm

Amazing images, congratulation.
Cheers, Fred.
http://www.fredericmoro.com
Interior scene tutorial on Sketchup Artist http://www.sketchupartists.org/tutorial ... ht-render/

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:08 pm

Boofredlay wrote: I am getting some burning on the right of the image and I don't know why.
Hi Boofredlay,
If you use low settings, and get this high of quality with only one sparkle, I'd say you should be very happy indeed!
Boofredlay wrote: Edit: I rendered at 2000 pix wide on Low (I think). It took 20 Min.
there you go. ;)

I am putting a tutorial together for Edge Lines. They are sensitive with curving geometry. If you are using "weld" you will want to use that with a specially named material in SketchUp you set up for only curved surfaces, and use a differently named material for rectilinear geometry. Hope you understand what I'm trying to say here?

I am loving the direction of this image, it's impressive! Twilight - the time of day, not the program - are a difficult choice for a time of day to render - and also with most chance of dramatic image, imho... and you are getting a very good image here.

for "tips"... I would make the sky darker ("Twilight Light Editor Dialog>Sun/Sky Tab>Sky Brightness"), and use warmer lights.

Boofredlay

Post by Boofredlay » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:13 pm

Fletch wrote:I am putting a tutorial together for Edge Lines. They are sensitive with curving geometry. If you are using "weld" you will want to use that with a specially named material in SketchUp you set up for only curved surfaces, and use a differently named material for rectilinear geometry. Hope you understand what I'm trying to say here?
I understand perfectly. I look forward to the tutorial.
Fletch wrote:for "tips"... I would make the sky darker ("Twilight Light Editor Dialog>Sun/Sky Tab>Sky Brightness"), and use warmer lights.
Thanks.