Reception

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
Solo

Reception

Post by Solo » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:07 pm

This is a reception that has been made over to look larger and more in theme with the company, the mirrored greeble gives illusion of size, the lighting is all L.E.D, pretty difficult to pull off as initially I had too many reflections and glares from lights.

There is no post work done here besides border and signature.
recept8.jpg
recept8.jpg (116.55 KiB) Viewed 10279 times

Ecuadorian
SketchUp: 7.1

Re: Reception

Post by Ecuadorian » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:17 pm

The LEDs look sick! Since LED illumination is becoming more and more popular, you'll have to write a tutorial on how you pulled this off :idea:

The multiple reflections could use more antialiasing... What setting did you use? You can hack it with a text editor to increase antialiasing for scenes like this one.

I'm curious: How long did it take and for what size?

Ecuadorian

Post by Ecuadorian » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:24 pm

BTW, I just noticed the TV is on a mirrored wall. This is not too obvious, and could be made clearer by toning down the reflection a little bit. What material is it? If it's a metal, you could do some fuzzy reflections.

Frederik
SketchUp: SU 8.0

Post by Frederik » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:26 pm

It's really looking great, Pete... Image
Definitely Showcase Gallery material... ;)
Cheers
Kim Frederik
Twilight Render Support
“…Life is drawing without an eraser...”

Solo

Post by Solo » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:28 pm

I assume "sick" is a good thing right? (I'm feeling old)

After much fiddling and fussing I found that creating strips of small square faces with an emitter material set at invisible was the best way to achieve the lighting, however this method does not render in progressive mode at all (lighting does not show up), for some reason this model would not render in high or high+ preset as it goes through the whole initialization process then straight to complete without ray-tracing. So I could only use Medium as my highest setting, It rendered for 18H 3 mins of which 12 was AA (and this is not progressive :shock: )
Rendered at 1240x667.

I was going to ask about the xml editor, can I use my old Podium presets? as I have some very good interior ones that are pretty fast and clean.

Frederik
SketchUp: SU 8.0

Post by Frederik » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:38 pm

Solo wrote:I was going to ask about the xml editor, can I use my old Podium presets? as I have some very good interior ones that are pretty fast and clean.
I guess so... Why don't you go ahead and try...?? ;)
For "obvious" reasons, I can't test these, but I would assume it will work, since it's the same engine behind... ;)
But please remember that TW has more options than Podium, since the KTSDK is slightly different...
(among others, you don't have the option to render MLT and BiPT...)
Cheers
Kim Frederik
Twilight Render Support
“…Life is drawing without an eraser...”

Ecuadorian

Post by Ecuadorian » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:43 pm

Yeah, "sick" is how youngsters these days say "slick". I guess I've spent too much time reading comments on Gizmodo.com.

If those kind of designs become more common (lots of LEDs, lots of glass and mirror), Intel better releases a 32-core soon!

fymoro
SketchUp: 8

Post by fymoro » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:31 am

wow !!... Nice model and render, congrats ;)
Fred
Cheers, Fred.
http://www.fredericmoro.com
Interior scene tutorial on Sketchup Artist http://www.sketchupartists.org/tutorial ... ht-render/