Something big's moving out there...

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
Ibon

Re: Something big's moving out there...

Post by Ibon » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:46 am

By the way, I have a question related to backgrounds:

When I want to set a background image in a scene, in TR i see that there are many options, best choices are to choose a background image or an spherical sky with an HDRI or a bitmap within the sky editor. Or if you want, you can render the scene and then render an alpha (with a light pass, for example) to postpro the render later and set a background.

But my problem is that when i use the alpha mask option, if i have trees above the sky, the alpha is not completely precise and so the integration is not completely perfect like if i had the image inside the model.

On the other hand, if i choose a spherical sky or background image in the sky editor i see that the scene is no longer tinted with physical sky's beautiful colors, and in general the render looses "life".

So i usually choose to put an image inside the model like in this case. The unique problem is that that bacckground brightness depends directly on the angle I set up the sketchup sun, and that way I loose a lot of control.

My question is: is there any way to make that image not being affected with the sun and scene's GI like if it was a watermark?

vizfellas

Post by vizfellas » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:47 am

Absolutely amazing :D

Zombi is the best :lol: and textures are perfect :D
...fall down seven times, stand up EIGHT...

remon_v

Post by remon_v » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:58 pm

really nice! something different and nice texturing

Dylan
SketchUp: 8

Post by Dylan » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:08 am

It's a wonderful model, whoever made it and the textures look fantastic.

Great render and I agree, this software is fantastic. I didn't realize rendering could actually be fun!