Mountain Lake Cabin Redux

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
thexcadguy

Re: Mountain Lake Cabin Redux

Post by thexcadguy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:25 pm

LOL - I wondered if/when someone might point out that a big sail boat prob wouldn't work on a small lake - but I thought it added a little pizzazz...

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:29 pm

yes - selected everything that would be outside and edited the exposure separately from interior.
selected the areas where sun is supposedly falling on the floor and boosted exposure for those parts.
I agree it could be much better, but it was a quick example of what a few minutes - 5-10? in post-pro can do to any "ordinary" looking image. Most people have decent images if they knew how to do proper tone-mapping. Of course, getting lighting right in the first place is even better - so running with setting 01 prelim and adjusting your sky exposure in the environment editor, adjusting brightness of sun, and setting realistic light powers, also setting proper exposure for render before saving image is a better approach.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:34 pm

thexcadguy wrote: - On my monitor I notice a greenish hue/tint on the bottom left corner? Did you play with the color range or something?
I don't think I did anything specifically with "color range".
... and I was probably trying/worrying too much about keeping the cloudy blue sky beyond (even though I realize in real-life it wouldn't really show like that with a bright sun being viewed from indoors)
not likely to see a blue sky no matter how underexposed the interior is: