Bathroom Vanity and Toilet

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
pauluk

Re: Bathroom Vanity and Toilet

Post by pauluk » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:50 pm

Really nice. Obviously the only way to get great render quality is to give it time! I May have to get a new computer.....

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:29 pm

it really depends on the materials in the scene, and lighting used. I've achieved many many wonderful client-ready images using Low+ or Med+ and they can render quite quickly. But for subtle lighting problems with a lot of indirect light (this scene) then the higher quality render settings will be required.

Basic rule:
large image, lots of direct light, no light emitting materials - lower quality render setting will do.
smaller image, lots of indirect light, light emitting materials, anisotropic metals or brushed metals or translucent materials - higher quality render setting will likely be required.
Subject: Render Settings - the Best One

pauluk

Post by pauluk » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:37 pm

Many thanks for the useful info. I have always had problems getting convincing BRUSHED metallics on the the low setting for interiors. Infact I have had to resort to full shiny because brushed/satin looked so terrible. I shall give some higher settings a go on some old sketches that I know were quicker rendering(6-7 mins) and see how they pan out in comparison.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Mon May 01, 2017 8:18 pm

if you're happy with the lighting of the low settings, then use the Alternative AA setting with higher quality AA for your metals and soft shadows.