Lighting Home Interior

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
marcosis

Lighting Home Interior

Post by marcosis » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:37 am

A.J wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:56 am
marcosis wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:20 pm Amazing work! :o :o

Do you mind me asking the spec of your machine and the average rendering time for one of those images.

Cheers
No problem.......
rendering time around 2hrs each.... :^:
Thanks mate. Last question and then i wont bother you again haha.

The issue im having is lighting up my project. If you see my below image (which are really low quality, but i just wanted you to see the length of the room more than anything), i have a light track that runs along the ceiling, which i know will have to be a fake emitter, otherwise my rendering time will be about 20 years, but i now need the room to be fully lit up as if they were emitters and i cant find the best way to do it. The model is pretty empty at the moment, but i can atleast show you what the room will look like and then maybe get some advice, even if it is from another person on this post. (I have done my own post, but no one is responding :( :( lol

Also i know there are lighting tutorials all over the place, but its difficult to find one that links specific to what a certain project is, so if you had any advise thatd be great.

My machine spec is below too, and looking at both, it should be able to handle a good amount of light sources im guessing.
Attachments
light track1.jpg
light track1.jpg (173.16 KiB) Viewed 6128 times
light track2.jpg
light track2.jpg (178.26 KiB) Viewed 6128 times
light track3.jpg
light track3.jpg (174.42 KiB) Viewed 6128 times

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: Interior Island Home

Post by Chris » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:27 pm

When you have complicated lighting, it's always best to choose interior / interior+. Yes it will take a little bit longer but the quality in those situations is far more realistic and you have much more flexibility.

marcosis

Post by marcosis » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:40 pm

Chris wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:27 pm When you have complicated lighting, it's always best to choose interior / interior+. Yes it will take a little bit longer but the quality in those situations is far more realistic and you have much more flexibility.
Hi Chris,

As im just learning, i didnt dabble into all the other settings, but your reply was perfect timing as im currently doing on on interior+ and its much lighter :)

Thanks again

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:11 pm

Use a series of spot lights and fake emitter and render with easy 04. Spots are the fastest rendering lights. 09 will be twice as fast as easy 10, use the Tone mapping in the bottom right corner of the rendering window as easy 09 is working to adjust the brightness of the image. Don't over power the lights, set them with lumen power it is easiest to be the most accurate.

A.J
SketchUp: 2014

Post by A.J » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:32 pm

Chris wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:27 pm When you have complicated lighting, it's always best to choose interior / interior+. Yes it will take a little bit longer but the quality in those situations is far more realistic and you have much more flexibility.
I agreed with Chris and Fletch on the lighting....when I started using Easy 09 Interior....I completely stopped using the other presets....
the trick is what ever you have in reality from lighting, textures and dimension try and do the same with your models....
and with a little post processing your good to go....