Try Walking In My Shoes

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
SpookyChick
SketchUp: SU 2017

Re: Try Walking In My Shoes

Post by SpookyChick » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:36 pm

:o :shock: :hat: :rspkt:

Holy Hannah! That is just truly amazing. I guess I still have a long way to go. :lol:

That's the level of quality and detail I'd like to achieve someday, in some life. I would have said when I grow up, but I'm already pushing 50.

Very nice work. :hat:

PS I second what Mike 1158 says. This should definitely be Render of the Year!

nickario
SketchUp: 2018

Post by nickario » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:08 am

Definitely render of the year!! :clap:

posodrac
SketchUp: SU 17 Make

Post by posodrac » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:03 pm

Very kind of you all, but looks like that annual "feature" been abandoned by TR Team. Although I humbly accept this nomination, it wouldn't be fair for others good and faithful members CG artists at this forum, unless considering maybe, 3 or 4 categories (Freestyle, Products, Interior Design, Architect & Garden Design).
SpookyChick wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:36 pmThat's the level of quality and detail I'd like to achieve someday, in some life. I would have said when I grow up, but I'm already pushing 50.
Spooky, I'm only 5 years ahead of you so... there's still hope. My advice for you, knowing you a sci-fi "geek", why not do interior renders of spaceships and show them here. I could create a non organic shape spaceship, extruding some squares, adding some boosters and attach a sphere and call it a "flux capacitor", but… it's cold out there!

People this forum is called "Work In Progress", don't ignore the importance of your work to us (unless you want to keep it secret) or being intimidated by the same "Bunch" of about a dozen active posting members renders. Show us your workflow, you always have a gain.

SpookyChick
SketchUp: SU 2017

Post by SpookyChick » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:49 pm

Thanks for the kind words, posodrac! :hat:

Regarding posting interior shots; I'm working on that, but frankly my modeling skills just aren't quite up to the point where I want to be at before I start posting interiors. Interior lighting is sometimes a challenge for me, and let's not even get into using IES lights. :rofl:

Also, I have difficulty keeping polycounts on interior models low enough to render on anything less than astronomical time scales. :shock: That's a failing of mine that I'm still working on. :oops: Then too, there's the point that I have to get a much better idea of the interior architecture before I go modeling anything, or it's kind of pointless.

One of the biggest troubles I have is people. :roll: Interior shots usually require them, if you're going to tell a story. Modeling them is currently beyond my skills, and any premade 3d figures I've found just don't meet my needs, usually.

I'm still learning, every day. 8-)

Life is a work in progress. Even if I'm not where I want to be, well that's just motivation to keep learning. I've been learning 3d modeling for ten years, building off the 2 semesters of CAD I had back in highschool when CAD was still done with Etch-a-Sketch and, I've been rendering for eight.

However, this is your thread, so I will quit thread-jacking it, :lol:

You do beautiful work. Thank you for sharing it with all of us. :rspkt: :hat: