My first external render

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
Bob James

My first external render

Post by Bob James » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:31 pm

TWL is soooo amazing: I added all of the "shrubbery", tweaked some of the materials, made the water per TWL tutorials. This is my model of Spaceport Systems International's launch facility at Vandenberg AFB, CA.

And all this rendered in less than 10 min!!!! (It was on the 6th pass when I made this snapshot.). Then, since it was too big to upload, I resized the image.

This program is just plain awesome :clap: :rspkt:

Thanks again, Fletch, for getting me started.

P.S. I've thrown in a fun view "from the weeds" showing the 2D bushes.

Not sure how to change the background sky yet, but I'm getting there. :|
Attachments
SLC-8 with bushes.jpg
SLC-8 with bushes.jpg (252.35 KiB) Viewed 4889 times
SLC-8 from the bushes.jpg
SLC-8 from the bushes.jpg (272.17 KiB) Viewed 4889 times
If you don't think ahead you'll be at the mercy of those that do - Ashleigh Brilliant
SU 7.1 and Win 7

Gareth
SketchUp: SU8 to SU2019 Pro

Re: My first external render

Post by Gareth » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:34 am

add some real sky, re-do the water so that you get some refelections, and some DOF to blur the foreground and you'll be off to a good start........

these are just merely humble suggestions from someone who is still grasping for good rendering techniques.....others will offer some good advice...!! :)

Solo

Re: My first external render

Post by Solo » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:36 pm

I really like the scene, the View is great as well as composition. I would change the grass as it seems the texture has moved slightly and when I do grass i would try two or three variations as that will look more natural. The ground texture is tiling, find a picture texture for close up and then use grass to hide the tiling in mid distance.
I would not change sky as it's the contrast of sky and factory/plant that's so appealing.