Impressive result

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
Solo

Impressive result

Post by Solo » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:32 pm

Hey guys, Ive been busy recently with a few projects so I have not been playing very much. Anyway I am busy with another project that involves a range of office furniture for tabloid publication, I used Twilight for the first image to test the scene and the results were fantastic.
Now I really want to do the whole project with Twilight but the problem is I rendered this with an unbiased preset (which makes the render so good) and unfortunately I have 30 renders to do with only one week to do them so unbiased will not be possible based on the render times.
Anyway I wanted to share the image, rendered with one light only, with a studio setup.

(image has been scaled down 3x)
Attachments
catalog image 1 edited.png
catalog image 1 edited.png (201.34 KiB) Viewed 13816 times

olishea

Re: Impressive result

Post by olishea » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:44 pm

U tried rendering with just HDR studio image instead of lights? may be quicker especially on your beast of a machine. (i know quality isn't quite as good, shadows etc)

preset 10 is best but preset 08 seems to be much quicker for hdr lighting.

very 'clean' render (i hate saying clean render, sorry). like a scandanavian furniture catalogue. :gj: :rspkt: great work
Oli

Dylan
SketchUp: 8

Post by Dylan » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:47 pm

I concur, Impressive Result!

Really clean and pure.

Pete you could always export the scenes you need rendering all setup and a few of us could help out running a render or two.

Solo

Post by Solo » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:49 pm

Thanks, yup this is pretty much for a Scandinavian type magazine (see designers name)

Okay so how does this hdr only thing work? I have never tried it before, remember i need the background to be white (as in the image above) without external reflections (pretty much a studio setup)

olishea

Post by olishea » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:51 pm

Keep your studio backdrop (the curved white background thingy). Remove all lights.

Disable sunlight. Then use a sky probe.

I have posted a link to some high quality FREE hdr studio images here (on 2nd page of thread):

http://twilightrender.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 8&start=10

Some of the images have a camera in them so your reflections will show the camera if you rotate image properly (as with real life photography). Normally a hdr brightness of 0.7 is sufficient (you can always up the exposure/whites in tonemapping if you wish). Do a few testers. The reflections look great, as if the model is surrounded by studio lights.

Then just render away.....seems to be quick and very very realistic. In my experience preset 08 is quickest with good results and 10 is the best but takes longer to clear noise (see sample test images in the link I posted)

:^:
Oli

Pilou

Post by Pilou » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:26 pm

Where is the Boss? :mrgreen:
Pilou (Frenchy)
Is beautiful that please without concept!
Speedy Galerie

Solo

Post by Solo » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:38 pm

Dylan, imagine that my own Twilight render farm, I get to control everyone's machine for 12 hours at a time... :hug:

If there was enough money in it I'd actually consider subbing off the renders but alas these are the jobs I do between real work, they not good for making a living on but enough to pay a few small bills they are ideal.

Thanks for the offer however, I may consider offering some render work when I get a decent paying job that could really benefit from such an idea.

Dylan
SketchUp: 8

Post by Dylan » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:06 am

I wasn't actually thinking about getting paid, more an offer of help saying I could run a few renders overnight while my machine was doing nothing.

Frederik
SketchUp: SU 8.0

Post by Frederik » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:00 am

Dylan wrote:I wasn't actually thinking about getting paid, more an offer of help saying I could run a few renders overnight while my machine was doing nothing.
I'll be happy to volunteer as well, if it can help you, Pete... ;)
Cheers
Kim Frederik
Twilight Render Support
“…Life is drawing without an eraser...”

Gaieus
SketchUp: 6 7 8

Post by Gaieus » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:00 am

Pete, you can also export the setup to Kerkythea and render it with a networks render. I'm sure you have a bunch of old computers around which you could get to work. And in the meanwhile, you can still work on your main machine.
Gai...