No plugin tab in SketchUp

Whatever you want to talk about, but keep it clean
cloggs

No plugin tab in SketchUp

Post by cloggs » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:38 am

I downloaded the Twilight extension via the extension warehouse and followed all the steps, and activated it, and I think I have saved everything in the right place, but I don't have a plugin tab in my SU menu so I can't actually use the software on a model because I don't have a toolbar to work with. The sane thing happened when I tried to download Kerkythea, it downloaded just fine, but no plugin tab, Just to try and make it happen I downloaded the '1001 bit tools' extension, and that worked fine, it created an 'extensions' tab and it is sitting there, but no such luck with twilight or kerkythea. Can anyone tell me what i've done wrong. 3 hours on this sofar and it is driving me nuts.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: No plugin tab in SketchUp

Post by Fletch » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:42 am

Please download and install the latest version directly from our website.
If it still doesn't work, please provide info about SU version, Operating System, etc.
Be sure you are installing 64bit Twilight if you are on 64bit SketchUp.

cloggs

Post by cloggs » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:18 pm

Hi Fletch. My operating system is 64 bit, and that is the version of Twilight I downloaded. I have SketchUp Pro 2018. I downloaded Twilight to the Program Files (x86) folder but my Sketchup folder is in the Program Files folder. Are they meant to be in the. same folder? I previously tried putting the twilight file in with the Sketchup folder (in Program files),

The main problem I have is that I don't have the 'plugin tab' on my SU menu so when I want to render my model I can't export my model to the render program. I don't now how to create the tab and then make the connection to the render program.

I appears to me that that should happen automatically when I down load the program via the extension warehouse, but it doesn't.

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:25 pm

On Windows, Twilight Render isn't an extension you can download or manage through the SketchUp extension manager. You have to download the file from our website and run it. It is a standard Windows self-extracting installer, so once you download it, double click it to run it and then follow the prompts to install it. For most people you will just want to hit "Next" all the way through the installer.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:59 am

Did you carefully follow all of these instructions for installation written clearly on Twilight Render downloads page.
  1. Choose Pro* or Hobby and click on the chosen link on the left.
  2. Save the installer to your Desktop.
  3. Find the installer on your Desktop and double click to run it.
  4. Click Next through the intro screen, and accept the license terms.
  5. Choose a location to install Twilight Render V2.
  6. Most users should accept the default location of C:\Program Files(x86)\Twilight Render 2.
  7. Select the versions of SketchUp use and click Next.
  8. Review the installation locations, then click Install.
  9. Click Finish when complete. Twilight Render V2 is now installed.

By downloading the installer for Twilight Render, you agree to all the installation terms and licensing agreements.