Make me your apprentice :)

Whatever you want to talk about, but keep it clean
chxchx
SketchUp: 2018

Make me your apprentice :)

Post by chxchx » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:28 am

Hi there! anyone here willing to have me as apprentice 3d modeler and renderer.. I want to be reallllyyy Realllyy great with twilight and only way to level up my skill is to get close to really great twilight artist here already.. I have basic understanding of rendering and above average Sketchup skill :)

If anyone is looking for a workmate for small projects hit me up...

Thanks Guys! :^: :^: :^:
xhcxhc

Mike1158
SketchUp: V19

Re: Make me your apprentice :)

Post by Mike1158 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:29 pm

Not exactly a shrinking violet are you? If you have above average skills, why are you wanting to be taught? Try to come up with a reason for someone else to spend time teaching you when they are already busy or you will get nowhere.

Just a thought or two to get you rolling.

tuna57
SketchUp: SU 2015Pro SU2018Pro

Post by tuna57 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:02 pm

Really don't want to rain on your parade...... but in todays business climate it's doubtful you'll find someone interested in an arraignment like this. Who wants to have to stand over someone in a business setting and show them how to do something ? My suggestion for improving your rendering skill is this... PRACTICE ! I don't know your personal situation
( single , married with kids etc. ) but spend as much of your free time as humanly possible practicing. Knock up practice SketchUp models and render render render. Also if your really committed to getting better with Twilight start by reading EVERYTHING in the tips and tricks section including all the links to other relevant topics. Another thing to keep in mind is most of the very best rendering work no matter the software used usually has had some amount of post production work in a photo editing software. So developing skills with Photoshop, Gimp or Affinity to name a few is also a good thing. All that said best of luck in your journey.
TwilightPro V2.11

pbacot
SketchUp: 2019

Post by pbacot » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:11 pm

You could show your work, and give a short resume (SW experience), then someone could know if this was an appropriate interaction. You may well be beyond some people reading this. You could do some free work, and if someone were willing to give you a project and respond with helpful criticism, that might be very worthwhile. I don't like the idea of "free work" but it's not much different from a starting position in an architectural practice (terrible career choice)!

Mike1158

Post by Mike1158 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:59 pm

I've got to be straight and say the identity and the thread read like a child's post.

An architect AND above average modeling skills yet wants to be an apprentice? One post? Nearly been had folks. :! :wall:

pbacot
SketchUp: 2019

Post by pbacot » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:15 pm

Mike1158 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:59 pm I've got to be straight and say the identity and the thread read like a child's post.

An architect AND above average modeling skills yet wants to be an apprentice? One post? Nearly been had folks. :! :wall:
It's always interesting to join a discussion that might be about a bright young artist about to get their dreams crushed by reality, ...or overcome it all.

Reminds me of the many "architecture" forums I finally gave up on, as they always become completely overrun by trolls, crackpots, and students who post begging for help on their final--only to disappear without a "thanks" or any substance. Usually there's more reasonable discourse to be had in tech forums.

Mike1158

Post by Mike1158 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:52 pm

I am grateful for the many decent people on this forum. Long may it continue.

chxchx

Post by chxchx » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:14 am

Mike1158 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:59 pm I've got to be straight and say the identity and the thread read like a child's post.

Never thought this post will get approved after waiting for some days when I posted it.. well I understand your points of view regarding this., and many thanks for your replies..

Yeah I got busy and never returned in this forum.. I'm thinking that maybe I should just join in some discussions here, to make my skills in twilight better. Pretty sure I just want my post to look friendly than childish but well ok.. :D

I really cant make my render less noisy that's really my big problem...

Thanks a lot though guys see you around! :D
Attachments
It's just too Noisy
It's just too Noisy
SCENE2A.jpg (534.93 KiB) Viewed 14277 times

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:57 pm

Pretty nice image. :^:
Vertical projection can be corrected and denoise can be applied with an image editor.
The top right corner of the space has a light leak or white line, not sure why. It's good practice to make walls and floors have a thickness to keep that from happening.
Attachments
SCENE2A_TWL.jpg
SCENE2A_TWL.jpg (421.58 KiB) Viewed 14248 times

chxchx

Post by chxchx » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:14 pm

Fletch wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:57 pm Pretty nice image. :^:
Vertical projection can be corrected and denoise can be applied with an image editor.
The top right corner of the space has a light leak or white line, not sure why. It's good practice to make walls and floors have a thickness to keep that from happening.
Wow oh wow the master commented in my image! Yay! :) yeah a good friend of mine which I see most of the time now to practice sketchup modeling, told me to keep it a practice that models should have wall thickness etc. Even if they wont be visible or well now I'm seeing the big picture... I have a question tho with the denoising can't it be avoided with rendering in high rather than interior progressive?