SOLVED: autocad LT error aborting fatal error unhandled e0434352h Exception

Whatever you want to talk about, but keep it clean
Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

SOLVED: autocad LT error aborting fatal error unhandled e0434352h Exception

Post by Fletch » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:09 pm

Sorry for the off-topic of SketchUp and Twilight, but I'm putting this here for safe-keeping in case it will help anyone out there on the interwebs searching for an answer to this problem.

Error message from ACAD every time it crashes is something like this:
autocad LT error aborting fatal error unhandled e0434352h Exception at 5bb34b89h

Ok, so AUTOCAD crashing with fatal error unhandled e0434352h Exception appears to be solved!

The answer was unpredictable and weird. :-: :!

In Windows 10 settings I disabled the text cursor indicator and returned the cursor thickness to normal default. ACAD stopped crashing! It hasn’t crashed today. Apparently Windows was fighting with ACAD to add these features to the cursor anytime I was typing in ACAD commands, but simultaneously I was drawing and it was getting confused what to do... causing a crash.

Read the full story only if interested:

I was trying to think of anything I changed lately that may effect autoCAD. I noticed that it crashed more the faster I tried to work. So the faster I typed my commands, then it would crash more often.

So then I remembered…

Lately my eyesight is not 20/20 like it used to be. So running double screens sometimes I find I lose where my mouse or cursor are.

I went into Windows system settings for the cursor and the mouse a couple of weeks ago and (foolishly) enabled “Turn on text cursor indicator” and increased the size of the cursor indicator as well as the cursor appearance which sort of acts as a “highlight cursor” feature.

This is what was apparently was causing ACAD to crash. Because after all the other major changes nothing changed and ACAD kept crashing (update ACAD, update graphics driver, update windows, yadda yadda).

But once I DISabled the text cursor indicator and returned the cursor thickness to normal default. ACAD stopped crashing! It hasn’t crashed today.

So annoying. How many hours of my life were lost to that weirdness?

Apparently ACAD and Windows could not figure out what to do with this cursor indicator when I was drawing and typing commands simultaneously.

Mystery solved.
Attachments
autocad error.png
autocad error.png (158.2 KiB) Viewed 13175 times
image002.png
image002.png (23 KiB) Viewed 13175 times

JGA
SketchUp: 2015 pro

Re: SOLVED: autocad LT error aborting fatal error unhandled e0434352h Exception

Post by JGA » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:38 pm

Fletch,
Thanks for posting the problem & solution.
It's these sorts of issues that can put folk off computers!
I turn on the CTRL locator option on to help find my cursor.
CTRL Cursor Location Option
CTRL Cursor Location Option
Hunt the Cursor.png (45.23 KiB) Viewed 13153 times
JGA

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: SOLVED: autocad LT error aborting fatal error unhandled e0434352h Exception

Post by Fletch » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:44 pm

That may help solve the problem without crashing ACAD, thanks JGA :^: