WPC's part two.

Whatever you want to talk about, but keep it clean
Mike1158
SketchUp: V19

WPC's part two.

Post by Mike1158 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:50 am

Hi guys, got my wonderful chillblast pc yesterday and today when I got to check it out, I am told it has to go back to the makers for repair. Not adressing all 6gb of ram and random restarts. I was informed that the fact that the pc is reported as having a 2.67ghz chip is erroneous and that overclocking is not reported in wondoze vista, even the 64 bit edition.

I am a little more wary of makers claims this morning. The fact that I cannot get the tower collected until next tuesday is annoying to say the least. I hope on-one else gets this kind of thing. Have a great weekend guys. :rofl:

Ecuadorian
SketchUp: 7.1

Re: WPC's part two.

Post by Ecuadorian » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:24 pm

I don't know where you're buying your PCs but they seem similar to Cartiyoyo... People call them Carti-yo-yo because most computers they sell end up returning for tech service, just like a yo-yo. Their repair center is as large as their warehouse. :roll:

Mike1158

Post by Mike1158 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:26 pm

Mother board failure apparently, an asus p6t se. Supposedly very good but I am just following reccomendations.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:28 pm

:wall:
have you thought of perhaps becoming a baker or a fireman? ... I hear gardening is nice as well... since you won't likely need to order any computers :lol:

Solo

Post by Solo » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:40 pm

Dude, your luck sucks.

Sorry to hear you having such a dismal time, I have been very lucky using a company called Cyberpower, there have been a few shipping complaints from some customers but all in all I have bought 3 computers from them and all three times I was impressed with quality and service.

Mike1158

Post by Mike1158 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:59 pm

"have you thought of perhaps becoming a baker or a fireman? ... I hear gardening is nice as well... since you won't likely need to order any computers."

Oy, cheeky. I'll have you know I do a nice line in edging for, well it's supposed to be grass but with the soil being damp we satisfy ourselves by calling it 'green'. Whatever, it has wonderful straight edges. :lol:

I have a Dell dimension which started life as a replacement for aother previous dell. The first dell was not reliable at all, the second had about three months of small problems but has been fine since. Dell decided they did not want the first machine back so I have that too. Since replacement, the first machine worked flawlessly until being stored about three years ago. My real computer woes started recently.

Despite the rumours, I am not a three eyed green eared sloath of the not so common variety and can actually switch on a pc (sometimes) without it falling over. I am looking forward to a lot of good renders from my chillblast pc, at least the company know about customer service, when I spoke to a manager, the turnaround was moved up from tuesday to this pm.

pc world have also not requested the two keyboards etc so it was not a total loss. :whoot: