Creative "Chomesque" Sky...

A place for users to put their materials for everyone to share
yellow

Creative "Chomesque" Sky...

Post by yellow » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:19 pm

Hi,

When I was in High School, I was drawn to a piece of artwork illustrated in an airbrush book...in particular, the lettering caught my eye. It was a classic "chrome" look with a striking purple-blue-yellow fade in the sky, and a "black" curving horizon line that faded to a lighter brown...so I decided to make a "Seamless Spherical Sky" with my image editor from scratch. This is that sky (it is seamless side to side, not top-to-top or bottom-to-bottom).

It is very fun to put it in the background and put something "reflective" material-wise on your "rendered object" (chrome being the obvious inspiration, but not the requirement. I found recently that adding a brown disc floating underneath and making it the "brown" option from the "NK Perfect Reflection" material set was ideal.

Here is my "custom" sky...use it all you want...if you use it commercially, please contact me to credit it properly (usage is still free).

Regards,

-S

Download Full 10000px wide resolution :>: image here 6.1Mb
Download Full 10000px wide resolution :>: image smoothed/cleaned with denoise here11.6Mb
Attachments
SY_CHROME_SEAMLESS_thumbnail.jpg
SY_CHROME_SEAMLESS_thumbnail.jpg (19.84 KiB) Viewed 15024 times

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Creative "Chomesque" Sky...

Post by Fletch » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:09 pm

Thanks for the share!