SU-Face to camera components not facing.

Questions, bugs, help for Twilight Render V2 Hobby and Professional
Sam design

SU-Face to camera components not facing.

Post by Sam design » Wed May 29, 2019 11:48 am

Hi, I have a visual of a wedding where each table has vases of flowers and candle holders which are face to camera components and the table itself with all these items is one component which is repeated around the room. This is fine within sketch-up, but Twilight doesnt keep the face to camera setting. Is there any way around this?

Thanks in advance
Sam

pbacot
SketchUp: 2019

Re: SU-Face to camera components not facing.

Post by pbacot » Wed May 29, 2019 6:13 pm

I find you either have to be using "Current View" or have SU set to the scene in question for face-me components to display right in Twiilght. How this works with animation IDK. I don't do animations in Twilight

JGA
SketchUp: 2015 pro

Post by JGA » Thu May 30, 2019 12:43 pm

Check whether "Update Content" in the render dialogue box is set to All.
It could be not updating the orientation of the face-me components if it's set to another value.
JGA

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Thu May 30, 2019 3:11 pm

Face-me is rendering fine in our tests if Update Content "all" is set. If Update Content is set to one of the other choices, then of course the face-me components will not be updated.

Warning: setting update content to All will result in much longer render times.

It will also result in random lighting "flashes". Unless you use the "Animation" render settings.

We recommend using 3D components, not 2D face-mes in rendered animations so that you can take advantage of the time savings in rendering animations with update content set to camera only.

Sam design

Post by Sam design » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:51 pm

Just tried using -update content all-but still getting face cameras that are skewing at angle away from camera. Tried opening other models with face-me and some seem to be able to display properly but others are also skewing the axis for some reason cant work out any logic how this is happening.

Thanks for responses !
Sam

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:27 pm

face-me components nested inside of other components or groups could be reported by SU strangely to Twilight. Explode so that face-mes are not inside of other groups or components.

JGA
SketchUp: 2015 pro

Post by JGA » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:17 am

Also check whether the origin point of the face me component positioned at the correct position?
JGA