Importing existing Kerky mats into V2

Questions, bugs, help for Twilight Render V2 Hobby and Professional
2Harry

Importing existing Kerky mats into V2

Post by 2Harry » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:49 pm

From watching the videos and reading the Quick Start Guide it appears that the only way to import extra materials and templates into V2 is by way of the Deep Material Editor. Is this correct?

If so then Twilight V2 Hobby is unable to import any other materials from Kerkythea? So far as I have seen this is likely not a problem since the supplied templates have lots of adjustable parameters to produce any of the materials I have seen in V1.

I am astonished that you are providing such a powerful and easy to use piece of software for free! I have a V1 license and V2 Hobby is a definite upgrade on that, so now I have to decide...how much more do I really need? It will be interesting to watch and see what other goodies get added to V2 Pro to tip the balance to a full upgrade to Pro.

Thanks for a great addition to Sketchup.

Regards

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Importing existing Kerky mats into V2

Post by Fletch » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:58 pm

Correct, Deep Material Editor in V2Pro allows you to import any library materials from Kerkythea.
There are no templates with Specular mapping either, so if that is needed, then you will need V2Pro. Exploration Render is also only in Pro. Toon and other Procedural Materials, also only in Pro.

That said, indeed, Hobby is valuable and powerful!

See Hobby vs Pro