Strange Error when converting from V1 to V2

Questions, bugs, help for Twilight Render V2 Hobby and Professional
thexcadguy

Strange Error when converting from V1 to V2

Post by thexcadguy » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:18 pm

Hello,

Perhaps you can shed some light on this error? I just d/l'd V2 (to try it out and probably upgrade my V1) and on one of my models I cant get the conversion to work - suggestions?
Attachments
twilight_v2_error.jpg
twilight_v2_error.jpg (111.15 KiB) Viewed 7942 times

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: Strange Error when converting from V1 to V2

Post by Chris » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:07 pm

I'm pretty certain this is an issue we are aware of and will be fixing in our next release.

When a V1 model has layers set to *not render*, the conversion process is not reading the data back correctly. We have fixed the problem and it will be in our maintenance release which we are working hard to put together right now.

thexcadguy

Post by thexcadguy » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:11 pm

Thank you for the fast response. Nice work on the new V2 - Ill def be upgrading

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:04 pm

You can try setting all of the layers in V1 to render, and then converting to see if this is the issue here.

Chris

Post by Chris » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:22 pm

Actually, that probably won't fix the problem. The problem is not necessarily that it is set to not render, it's that it has been set to anything at all. If you never change it, no data is stored. As soon as you change it, to render or not to render, the choice is saved as an attribute on the layer. And it will cause the same error.

thexcadguy

Post by thexcadguy » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:40 pm

Just an FYI I did try setting all layers to render (I'm assuming you mean clicking "all" under "layers" in the separate render window) and no luck. Ive never actually (intentionally) played with that setting before on any of my models so I'm not sure how that may have been adjusted from default, etc. Ive gone through most of my models and thus far 3 of 12 models have that funky error and I don't see any correlation between them (i.e. model size lg vs small or crazy amount of Arroway textures vs. no textures etc.) I will say that many of my models are packed with Arroway textures and are heavy on geometry (fully detailed exterior and interior, tons of entourage, etc) - not sure if that matters. I also received a "conversion of material Sun Portal from library may be incomplete" but I'm assuming that's simply because I'm using the hobby version. If there is anything I can do to help (e.g. upload models, etc) please let me know.

Keep up the good work - Ive really enjoyed using Twilight the last year or so!

Chris

Post by Chris » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:05 pm

The Sky Portal is another bug that we have found and will have fixed in the maintenance release. We will actually have a Sky Portal template as well.