"Template Materials" reset color from Sketchup material

Post by silu » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:48 pm

What can I do?
Thank you!

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: "Template Materials" reset color from Sketchup material

Post by Chris » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:59 pm

This is a known bug, mentioned a couple other times. We will be releasing our maintenance release M1 soon with a fix for this issue.

Vonschinkel

Re: "Template Materials" reset color from Sketchup material

Post by Vonschinkel » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:11 pm

I came here as well to report what I think may be the same thing. Essentially, if I have created a SketchUp material and changed it's color values via the Edit tab in the SketchUp Material window, Twilight v2 will reset those custom RGB values to 200, 200, 200 when I select it in the Twilight Template Material window. This only occurs with materials that have had their colors changed via Sketchup, anything with a default, unchanged color does not seem to be affected.

In my case, I use a material that has a paper grain texture and then just change the colors depending on what I need. I use this for mat board colors when doing art framing mockups and it is very handy. However, v2 is now resetting my custom colors whenever I try to look at my material in the v2 Template editor.

Odd thing is, I just installed the Hobby version at work in order to verify my results and I'm not having this problem like I do at home, where I am also running the Hobby version.

edit: Ah well, I just saw your post right after I submitted. :)