Am I the only one suffering in Win XP Vs TR V2.1

Questions, bugs, help for Twilight Render V2 Hobby and Professional
PRSS
SketchUp: 2020 Pro

Am I the only one suffering in Win XP Vs TR V2.1

Post by PRSS » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:27 am

Hello

Is TwilightRender Hobby version crashing sketchUP (any version) in Win XP - only with me?

The TwilightRender download web page says it is supported for XP.

Just wondering if anybody else who is still on XP having this problem?

If so, my humble request is to remove the "XP" from the supporting OS from your web page.

I have attached the clipped image.

Thanks in advance
PRSS
Attachments
Screen shot.jpg
Screen shot.jpg (31.66 KiB) Viewed 13237 times

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: Am I the only one suffering in Win XP Vs TR V2.1

Post by Chris » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:29 pm

You aren't the only one. We have had about 5 other reports. We are trying to work out the problem but as yet have not.

We have hesitated to remove XP from the supported list in hopes that we will have a fix soon. However, we will probably go ahead with removing it. We apologize for any inconvenience.

PRSS
SketchUp: 2020 Pro

Post by PRSS » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:48 am

Thank you very much Chris. No problems. At least I need not try installing it again & again. Just in case you fixed the problem with XP, I request you to kindly notify me. I am still stuck with XP on my Home Desktop for reasons of having some old software which would run only on XP.

Thanks again
PRSS

Frederik
SketchUp: SU 8.0

Post by Frederik » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:20 am

PRSS wrote:I am still stuck with XP on my Home Desktop for reasons of having some old software which would run only on XP.
I suppose you don't know it, but if you install i.e. Win 7 or Win 8, you're able to run any program in compatibility mode...
This means that if you have applications, which would only run on Win XP, you're able to emulate Win XP in compatibility mode... ;)
Cheers
Kim Frederik
Twilight Render Support
“…Life is drawing without an eraser...”

sb-render
SketchUp: 8

Post by sb-render » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:26 pm

I'm having crashing problems with Sketchup starting in XP after installing Twilight also. My issue (from last night) has not yet been posted.

I am going to be very disappointed if this cannot be solved! In attempting to upgrade the rendering software that I use, I currently need something that still works in XP. I love using Sketchup! From the screenshots on the web site, the galleries of projects, and the fact that it works **IN** Sketchup, it sure looks like Twilight is EXACTLY what I am looking for! I was thrilled to see that it is supposed to work with XP and the SU-8 that I have ... and that it is not supposed to have an output size limit.

Just before finding this, I looked at Kerkythea ... don't like it! ...And downloaded, but have NOT yet installed a Maxwell Render Sketchup plugin ... which is very limited on output size, even after purchasing a license.

I might even download and try Version-1 of Twilight. Maybe it will get the job done until I can get a newer computer.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:33 pm

Unfortunately, Twilight Render V2 does not support XP. We removed support for XP from our website a few months ago.