Which version to download (32 or 64)(OS X)?

Questions, bugs, help for Twilight Render V2 Hobby and Professional
longtrip68

Which version to download (32 or 64)(OS X)?

Post by longtrip68 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:05 am

Hello,

I am very interested in Twilight Render. However, I am a little confused regarding which version to download. Here is my situation:

I am currently stationed overseas with the military and only have my Macbook Pro with me (OS X Yosemite, 32 bit). SketchUp 2015 installed. However, when I return home, my iMac is a 64 bit computer.

Two questions:

1) Your website download page doesn’t mention support for OS X Yosemite. Does that mean I cannot use Twilight at this time?

2) Should I download the 64 bit or 32 Bit version? If I download the 64bit version, will that work on my 32 bit Macbook Pro? If not, and I am required to download the 32 bit version, what will be my upgrade options once I return home to my 64 bit computer?

Thanks kindly,

Dane

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: Which version to download (32 or 64)(OS X)?

Post by Chris » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:17 am

SketchUp 2015 OSX only comes in 64 bit. There is no 32 bit SU 2015 for OSX so if you installed it and it works, you have a 64 bit OS. Along those lines, I don't think there even is a 64 bit version of Yosemite, is there? I'm pretty sure the hardware requirements to run Yosemite is a 64 bit CPU.

In any case, if you are using 2015, you must download and install the 64 bit version.

As far as support for Yosemite, Twilight Render should be compatible. However, because Yosemite is pretty new (like 2 months old), there's a potential for incompatibilities. The best way to know is to try it out with the free Hobby version first.

If you do purchase a license, our license terms allow you to install on multiple computers. You can read the license terms here: http://www.twilightrender.com/index.php ... e-terms-v2. There is no limitation regarding 32 vs 64 bit. You can download and install both separately using the same purchased Product Code.