Cant see outdoor ceiling

Questions, bugs, help for Twilight Render V2 Hobby and Professional
Jennifer1689

Cant see outdoor ceiling

Post by Jennifer1689 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:56 am

I cant see the lanai ceiling once it renders. I thought the sky/environment might be washing it out so I even turned off the sky but no luck
what is the problem? anything I can try?
Attachments
Model view with sky off snip 3.jpg
Model view with sky off snip 3.jpg (102.66 KiB) Viewed 5502 times

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: Cant see outdoor ceiling

Post by Chris » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:09 pm

The two things that could make geometry not show up are:
- Disabling the layer the geometry is on. You can check in the layer drop down of the render window to make sure it's enabled.
- A section plane could be slicing it out. Turn off section plane rendering in the render window.

Otherwise, there isn't a reason it shouldn't show up. You could do a test render from outside looking in, right outside where the roof line is, and see if it renders there.

BTW, what on earth is wrong with your Environment Editor? Do all your editors look that messed up? :shock:

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Cant see outdoor ceiling

Post by Fletch » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:32 pm

I have seen a scene where the model had many recurrences of groups inside of groups inside of groups inside of groups that caused a problem with geometry disappearing. Have all architecture be only one group deep. The other objects such as furniture can be in a group, but try to avoid multiple group depths greather than 3 deep. (aka a group, inside of a group, inside of a group... stop there.)

in your case the picture on the wall is missing, and the roof outside the window - correct? In that case, my guess is that it's a layer issue, as Chris mentioned... or the section rendering is enabled, again, as Chris mentioned.