Rendering dialog in version 2.6.2

Questions, bugs, help for Twilight Render V2 Hobby and Professional
jaron

Rendering dialog in version 2.6.2

Post by jaron » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:29 am

I like the new features and additions
Would it be possible to enable the checkbox for 'Do not show this dialog again' in the 'Are you sure you want to stop the render' dialog? Since the latest update, this dialog has introduced a new and unnecessary click into my render workflow. The preference could be toggled with the Reset button in the Options/Options menu like the rest of the saved dialog answers. Please consider this for next updates... and I'll get used to hitting the spacebar in the meantime :D I very much like the flooring, tile, and other new templates with this update :^: many thanks

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: Rendering dialog in version 2.6.2

Post by Chris » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:02 pm

We can probably do that. It wasn't included at first because accidentally stopping a render is a big deal (because you can't restart it). Its that line between keeping the user from making an accidental mistake and letting them shoot themselves in the foot. :lol:

jaron

Post by jaron » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:41 am

Ha ha! Yes, even we, who use your very smart software, can shoot ourselves from time to time... the option to toggle such a safety on and off is very helpful during the design phase, when users do very quick renderings thousands of times until they're ready for the big one. It took me a bit of time researching to discover that the Reset button even existed via Extensions --> Twilight Render V2 --> Options --> Options --> "Reset all saved dialog positions" --> Reset. I researched/discovered this when I wanted to re-enable the option to render only selected items, having turned it off several months ago.

Hey, thanks again for such amazing software. I super-enjoy it, and I rely on it too. And thanks for considering my request for next updates... it would really save us time, and I would imagine it's just a small XML line edition away!

~ Cheers!

jaron

Post by jaron » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:41 pm

Cool! I have a BIG thank you to offer to the Twilight Render dev folks for implementing this suggestion into the recent update.
:halo:
It's a huge help.
Last edited by jaron on Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:44 pm

:^: