Noise in image

Questions, bugs, help for Twilight Render V2 Hobby and Professional
dhlilly

Noise in image

Post by dhlilly » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:17 am

I have been rendering images and then trying to make them look better by using the program "Neat Image" to remove the noise. However, I have found that when I try to do that I have to adjust it so much that it blurs out details and textures and even then may leave some noise. I have attached two images - one before and one after using "Neat Image". I rendered this image in Progressive 9 mode for 113 passes. Any suggestions would be very welcomed.
Attachments
BDU113.jpg
BDU113.jpg (433.05 KiB) Viewed 5010 times
BDU113 filtered.jpg
BDU113 filtered.jpg (120.68 KiB) Viewed 5010 times

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Noise in image

Post by Fletch » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:35 am

Try the "High Pass Overlay" method of quickly sharpening your image after using Neat Image or Topaz Denoise

flipya wrote about high pass overlay sharpen method here wrote:Unsharp mask is a nice tool indeed. However it tends to bring artifacts into the image as well, and sometimes boosts materials that have a fine bumpmap on them too much. I usually (both in photography- and renderpostpro) use the high pass method: Merge all visible layers to copy by clicking the top one and pressing ctrl+alt+shift+E, then go to filter->other->highpass and slide until you see outlines only. Then clock ok and set the top layer (the merge) to overlay. Most of the times this method doesn't sharpen texture details.