Bevel Modifier - Bump Map Question

Questions, bugs, help for Twilight Render V2 Hobby and Professional
tuna57
SketchUp: SU 2015Pro SU2018Pro

Bevel Modifier - Bump Map Question

Post by tuna57 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:29 am

A little perplexed. Haven't used the Bevel Modifier in the Deep Material Editor in a good while. Went in the other day when working on a display cabinet.
Applied my material in the Material Template Editor and loaded my bump map at this time. Converted to the Deep Editor, right clicked on Bump and selected Bevel Modifier and set up bevel, no problem except I noticed I lost my bump map in the process. Couldn't figure out for the life of me how to reload the bump map. :wall: .
Question is does this always happen when you use the Bevel Modifier ? Can you reload the bump map ? I don't remember this happening in the past , but maybe I never used the Bevel Modifier when I had a bump map loaded, can't remember :! .
TwilightPro V2.11

nickchun
SketchUp: 2015 Pro

Re: Bevel Modifier - Bump Map Question

Post by nickchun » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:57 am

You need to first set up layers under bump maps so you can have more than one type of map. Right click on 'Bump' then select 'Layers',(it will ask if you want to replace whatever was there before, be it your bevel or bump map,- say yes) right click on 'Bump layers', then you can add bevel and then bump under the layers drop down. simply keep right clicking on 'bump layers' to add another map/layer.

tuna57
SketchUp: SU 2015Pro SU2018Pro

Re: Bevel Modifier - Bump Map Question

Post by tuna57 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:41 pm

nickchun , thank you very much. definite :doh: for me :^:
TwilightPro V2.11