OSX - Template Material has no effect

Questions, bugs, help for Twilight Render V2 Hobby and Professional
envisionelec

OSX - Template Material has no effect

Post by envisionelec » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:44 pm

Total newbie to Twilight, but I have spent several hours searching and trying...

I cannot for the life of me figure out why none of the selected materials are applied to any face. I've watched the videos, read the FAQ. I select with the eyedropper then choose a material. It has no effect on the sketchup model nor in the render. Emitters work great...

Is there a bug or am I just this stupid? I have 20 years in CAD and layout, but this one has me stumped.

Sketchup 2017 Pro
Twilight v2
OSX Sierra 10.12.3

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: OSX - Template Material has no effect

Post by Fletch » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:04 pm

Something sounds broken, please provide a small test scene demonstrating the problem. A picture is worth a thousand words.

You need to please, if you haven't already, see the tutorials page, and tutorial videos in my signature below.

You paint a face in the model with a SketchUp material. If it's a default SketchUp material that contains a texture in it, it will automatically render with material properties preset for you for Twilight, but you can tweak those settings by clicking the Twilight Render Material tool and selecting the face with the texture you wish to edit with the eyedropper, then change the material properties as you like.
Subject: Announcing Twilight Render V2.5 (Massive Update for Material Templates)

However, if you wish for your personal texture you made your self and applied in SketchUp to render with material properties of Twilight Render, then select the Twilight Render material tool, select the face which you have painted with your texture you wish to edit, then choose a material template you wish to apply from the pull-down list of available templates... choose something such as plastic, stone, glass, etc. Then the material will be setup to render with Twilight. You can then modify properties as you like.
Please watch the videos. I recommend you start with this one.