Blank render

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
eckmair

Blank render

Post by eckmair » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:17 pm

In one of my models I keep getting a white (blank) render after about 3-4 min. of render time with the notation at the bottom reading 'done'. other models open and seem to render fine. I haev change the view, checked the lighting, made sure sun was enabled???
Any thoughts?

Tim

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Blank render

Post by Fletch » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:52 am

Hi Eckmair :welcome:

Sounds like a RAM issue.
Check the scene to make sure you don't have any super-hires images... anything (besides the sky) that is bigger in resolution than your final res. output is too big.

quote from here
to quickly see which texture files need to be resized:
  1. Open TWL Render Dialog
  2. Click XML export button
  3. save file and textures to a clean new folder
  4. open that folder in Windows Explorer
  5. look for the big textures - this way you can find the 'culprits' and resize them all easily.
  6. Then you will need to re-insert them into SketchUp... by finding each SU material using the big texture, and re-path the texture to the newly resized image.
typically you will not need a texture bigger than half the final resolution... just as a rough rule of thumb. there are of course exceptions.

If this is not the problem, then it could be that you specified a location of a file that no longer exists...
this can easily happen if you build a scene on one machine, set the spherical sky to a certain location, then move the scene to another computer and try to render it.
Make sure sky image is not bigger than 8000px wide, and is pointing to correct location.