Travel Room

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
Boofredlay
SketchUp: 2014

Travel Room

Post by Boofredlay » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:36 pm

I started playing with lighting and it snowballed into what you see here. Funny thing is I made and was testing the lamp in the corner and now it is my least favorite element in the image, ha ha.

The aircraft I got from the old @last forum. The Chesterfield sofas were built by Rob Moors for Form Fonts and I built the trunk and side lamp for FF as well. The corner table is two biplane cowlings back to back with a piece of glass on top and the cabinet server, well I just don't remember where I got that. The wall covering was an image I found on the web.

Some of the elements seem to be out of scale but they are not (other than the aircraft of course). The steamer trunk is a Restoration Hardware desk actually that I just closed and used as a table. The side lamp is also a Restoration Hardware piece.

There are probably many things that could be better and I welcome any comments. I set up the image, hit render and went to bed and woke up to this. I am pretty pleased, I hope you like it too.

1200 x 609
7 hours & 23 min.
Progressive preset - 04. Metropolis Light Transport (BPT)
173 passes.
Attachments
Trophy_Room_7h23m_MLTBPT_173_Passes.jpg
Trophy_Room_7h23m_MLTBPT_173_Passes.jpg (627.76 KiB) Viewed 4740 times

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Travel Room

Post by Fletch » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:47 pm

Very very nice, Boo... always fun to play. :)

The couches do seem too short ... it's because the end table and the piece on the right are making it appear so.

the only thing attracting my eye in a negative way is the smoothing on the wind on the play on the left wall... is it smoothed in SU? is it not grouped? sometimes we see this if it is completely "raw" geometry, not grouped or inside of a component. I would presume it's inside of a component, so now am not sure why it's faceted. :totgm:

Boofredlay

Post by Boofredlay » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:13 pm

Do you mean the wing on the plane on the left wall? If so, put your drink down before you type :lol:
If so, I kind of like the faceting on the wing, makes it look more like a model. The wing is not smoothed to answer your question, just hidden lines.

What did not show up, now that you point out the plane is there were some graphics on the side that did not come through, see attached. I turns out those faces were reversed. I might shoot another one later to fix.
Attachments
Camel.jpg
Camel.jpg (95.92 KiB) Viewed 4661 times

Boofredlay

Post by Boofredlay » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:43 pm

You know, the more I look at it I think what would help is to move the view angle. I believe I am at about 8' eye height there... meh.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:11 pm

Boofredlay wrote:Do you mean the wing on the plane
:rofl: :wall: note to self: "must re-read post before hitting "submit"!"