White house

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
flipya
SketchUp: 7

White house

Post by flipya » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:48 pm

Hi all!

Here's one I did last week for a client. Was a real quickie, and I had no idea what material to use for the topfloor 'trimming' so left that grey :D
Ran it overnight on E08 saving it every hour (awesome feature). Was surprised to see no big difference between 8h and 13h...
It took a little planning getting the reflections to match, but I think they turned out nice.
white house.jpg
white house.jpg (673.69 KiB) Viewed 9321 times
The original picture:
white house original.jpg
white house original.jpg (557.71 KiB) Viewed 9322 times
The comparison:
Comparison.jpg
Comparison.jpg (157.57 KiB) Viewed 9317 times

C&C much appreciated
Some say there are no stupid questions. I'm in the habit of proving those people wrong.

fymoro
SketchUp: 8

Re: White house

Post by fymoro » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:11 pm

Hi flipya , really cool photo matching... :^:
For the roof try these roof maps... :)

From 8h to 13h I don't see big changes (noises) are you using neat image to reduce them ?
Attachments
roof_b.jpg
roof_b.jpg (600.65 KiB) Viewed 9307 times
roof08.jpg
roof08.jpg (42.04 KiB) Viewed 9305 times
Cheers, Fred.
http://www.fredericmoro.com
Interior scene tutorial on Sketchup Artist http://www.sketchupartists.org/tutorial ... ht-render/

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:20 pm

Excellent work, Flipya!
The trim does look a bit flat... a very subtle glow would bring the whole image together... and perhaps some vignetting.

amatters
SketchUp: 7.1

Post by amatters » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:32 pm

I like it very much. I must say your new people are very well matched with the perspective - I always shy away from adding people for fear of getting them wrong. Good work fella :^:

flipya

Post by flipya » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:07 pm

Thanks for the feedback all.
Nice rooftextures Fy, thank you for sharing! The roof in this render's supposed to be zinc, and I used the Zinc, black metal preset from the library which works fine. Would've wanted it to be a bit shinier though.
Fletch, I already gave it a little bloom and some vignetting. Maybe next time I'll be a little less subtle with those effects :lol:
Amatters, I used to dislike 2d people and entourage as well, but it saves so much renderingtime...
Some say there are no stupid questions. I'm in the habit of proving those people wrong.

olishea

Post by olishea » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:12 pm

nice composition! pretty convincing!

the only thing, for me, that gives it away is the saturated car and bushes. is this amsterdam? one of my favourite cities! been there 4 times :D its only a 45 minute flight from the UK :D

i love the skinny flemish bricks!
Oli

flipya

Post by flipya » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:32 pm

You're right Oli, should've eased the saturation on those a little more. I had alpharenders for all components so could've easily done it... Ah well...

An nope, it's not Amsterdam, and I have no idea where it is tbh :oops: I just get the photo and the plans and that's it... There is a Bloemstraat in Amsterdam though, but it looks a little different. :lol:

Glad you like our lovely city. I must admit, living here often makes me forget how great it is :?

Highlander
SketchUp: 8.0.16846

Post by Highlander » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:36 am

Hey flipya,

Looks great, photomatching is great especially the window and shadow on the right building. :^:
The only thing (just had to say something), the building is (compared to the building on the left) leaning forward.
Maybe just a little PS will fix it.

keep up the good work.