Regas Render Attempt [updated]

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
flipya
SketchUp: 7

Re: Regas Render Attempt [updated]

Post by flipya » Thu May 13, 2010 3:41 pm

That's ****ing awesome! :clap: :whoot: :rspkt:

The huge dewdrop on the left's an incredible find. Again, I'm sorry there's no *bow down* smiley :lol:
Some say there are no stupid questions. I'm in the habit of proving those people wrong.

olishea

Post by olishea » Thu May 13, 2010 6:04 pm

Pg09: yes the flower in the foreground is added (badly) in PS lol. thats my favourite of the 6 backgrounds! cheers

thanks d12!

flipya you are too kind haha! i really need a better grass component.....I may actually photograph some grass tomorrow and make some real grass! couldn't find a good close up image of grass anywhere! the dewdrop is a bit OTT but i think it looks kinda cool! it was fun to make!

you could actually use the fur plugin to scatter dewdrops onto each blade of grass OMG! i gotta try it!
Oli

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Thu May 13, 2010 7:13 pm

Some judicious DOF(utilizing a hi-res depth pass) would fix the foreground grass quickly and nicely.

http://grow.ars-informatica.ca/images/g ... ose-up.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/romainguy/ ... otostream/

olishea

Post by olishea » Fri May 14, 2010 9:56 am

my dof isnt accurate because I stretched the render to get verticals right. there was too much distortion before from FOV. so i have crudely resized the depth pass over the render.....you can see the edges are not perfect. i thought foreground should be the focus this time. depth pass is a nice feature. im going to make some real grass next time, proper textures.
Attachments
6_dof.jpg
6_dof.jpg (398.76 KiB) Viewed 5304 times
Oli