Some Medieval stuff...

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
Gaieus
SketchUp: 6 7 8

Re: Some Medieval stuff...

Post by Gaieus » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:16 am

flipya wrote:...Just out of interest, do you mean minimum hourly wage or daily wage?
Well, I meant monthly... More exactly the gross monthly salary is about 250 GBP and by the time all the taxes and social security is paid, it will be around 130 GBP. So I did seriously miscalculated something above but still...
Of course this is not the average salary just the minimum guaranteed legally.
Fletch wrote:Oh, that last image is MUCH better... look at shadow areas (like under the cows, for example). :)
I know, Fletch - in fact, nothing can beat physical sky for exteriors. And a "background fit image" is not even dynamically participating in the rendering process (as a spherical sky would - at least as far as I understand...)
Gai...

flipya
SketchUp: 7

Post by flipya » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:11 am

I see, well in that case I can imagine a Huey would be kind of expensive yeah... For reference, minimumwage over here is about 1200 GBP, but then again you easily pay 500 pounds a month for a one-bedroom apartment in a cheap area.

On-topic: somehow on my screen that last image seems oversharpened, or could it be artifacts from reducing the size?
Some say there are no stupid questions. I'm in the habit of proving those people wrong.

Gaieus
SketchUp: 6 7 8

Post by Gaieus » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:05 pm

Well, maybe. Should I use some kind of blur on it? Whatever small values I would try now (as you mention), it is already too blurry. I did no PP at all to these images; they came out straight from Twilight.
Maybe it was not a too high preset? (Those are the "test" images). Here is the "final" render (reduced to the same size but from the one I rendered with exterior progressive at 3600x2700 originally)
Unbiased.jpg
Unbiased.jpg (671.68 KiB) Viewed 3987 times
Thanks for the nice comments however. I know I am not a guru at rendering. Lack of patience and of course any artistic talents...
:oops:
Gai...