Just dropped by to say I HATE you guys for doing a good job

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
mugenjohncel
SketchUp: Sketchup Pro 7.1

Just dropped by to say I HATE you guys for doing a good job

Post by mugenjohncel » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:41 am

Let's get to the point... I hate you guys :evil: I hate you because...

I'm just a (poor) hobbyist but you forced me to buy your god-damn software due to that awful 800x by 600x resolution restriction in the demo.

Because of that, I lost the opportunity to buy that lovely Hatsune Miku figma.

Your software is easy to use and the presets are editable in Excel which gives me a lot of flexibility... I now have a library of presets that can mimic a wide variety of drawing/painting styles...

It only took me roughly 1 hour of fiddling with the settings to emulate that first hand drawn look which what I was really after from the first place... now all I have to do is put some blurred lights and I'm done... ready to use for my OELVN projects or more commonly known as Visual Novels...

I regret buying your software not because $99 in our country is enough to buy a full sized fridge but because of the sleep I've been missing lately. I love fiddling with the settings... screw your photo real presets!... I'm a Visual Novel Hobbyist making Visual Novels and giving them away for free, not an Architect or some Designer and I'm more focused on making my renders look hand drawn... which is very much doable with your software... Thanks to you guys, I haven't had a good night sleep in 4 days because it's been a blast and I can't stop myself from playing with your plugin!!!...

OK... I admit, I love you guys but I've been missing a lot of sleep lately which could explain why am I so grouchy lately... it's just that I'm addicted to Twilight...

Keep up the good work...

[NAME WITHHELD] Just call me mugenjohncel for now...

P.S.
Think you can lower your upgrade price a bit more for non-professional hobbyists?...
Attachments
A mockup screenshot
A mockup screenshot
screenshot_01.jpg (281.21 KiB) Viewed 3934 times
That render plus minor Photoshop
That render plus minor Photoshop
warehouse.jpg (657.36 KiB) Viewed 3947 times
Making crappy OELVN's since 2006

Ecuadorian
SketchUp: 7.1

Re: Just dropped by to say I HATE you guys for doing a good job

Post by Ecuadorian » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:25 am

Twilight Render is a lot better than a Hatsune Miku figure... ;)
BTW, did you see her "live" performance?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bPHOoK2xro

Glad to see someone using it for artwork backgrounds. I recommend you also give Fotosketcher a try to post-produce your renders:
http://www.fotosketcher.com/
It's 100% free.

Try using preset "Easy09"... Stop it when the image is still grainy and then process it in Fotosketcher for some "artistic" results.