First renders with Twilight

Show what you're working on, get feedback and help
artlantis

Re: First renders with Twilight

Post by artlantis » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:53 am

Thanks Fletch :)
i ll see what can do to make it stronger. Don`t want to put columns beneath the middle box, probably will move the top box to the left so that the major weight would concentrate above the first stage box. About vertical mullions, have to think a little more :)

sshiffermiller
SketchUp: 8

Post by sshiffermiller » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:20 pm

I also don't think that the cubic volumes are a problem, but agree the mullions need less rigidity. I'm thinking about Le Corbusier's La Tourette (http://www.galinsky.com/buildings/latourette/index.htm) if you haven't. The vertical elements in the monastery have an irregular rhythmic quality that could be a jumping off point(an apparent intentional recognition of musical rhythm). Maybe this wouldn't work for shorter spans like you have, but it is an idea.

Like the renderings!

artlantis

Post by artlantis » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:06 am

Thank you both, Men

Really good ideas, i ll try to implement them, of course not 100% copy paste :) :^:

olishea

Post by olishea » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:38 pm

What so funny Highlander?

The real laugh gonna start if one day a nickname user "V-RAY" appears on the forum
lol there is a vray4su username on the podium forum! the cheek! :doh:
Oli

artlantis

Post by artlantis » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:59 pm

Hi

This is my remake. I went a bit far with this project , reinforcing the weakest part by a column /firstly didn` want to but safety is always No1/ and adding a second twin corpus to the original one to see how is gonna look. In my jugement not too bad, but also wish to hear your thinking.

project 1

Project 2

Project 3