"Something is selected"...

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
tomsdesk

"Something is selected"...

Post by tomsdesk » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:17 pm

..."render it only or all" pop-up comes up at the start of the render even when I have double checked nothing in the model is selected (starts doing it every time after the first time I forget and leave something selected)? If I check "don't ask me again" will it then default to "render all"?

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: "Something is selected"...

Post by Fletch » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:22 pm

hmm... yes it will default to render all... but this is a strange issue.

When using the Light Editor, and choosing a spot or point light, Twilight, for convenience, actually selects it.
I'm guessing this is the case here?
Have you tried deliberately selecting something in your scene that you can see it is highlighted, then deliberately deselecting it?

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:37 pm

Tom, if you check "Don't ask again", and hit no, you don't want to render the selected, the it will always default to "Render All". You can reset those answers in the Options->Dialogs page.

tomsdesk

Post by tomsdesk » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:56 pm

Thanks Guys, I'll set it up as "render all" as the default with a "no, don't show" (edit: that doesn't sound right, huh?) next time it happens.

Gaieus
SketchUp: 6 7 8

Post by Gaieus » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:18 pm

Chris wrote:Tom, if you check "Don't ask again", and hit no, you don't want to render the selected, the it will always default to "Render All". You can reset those answers in the Options->Dialogs page.
Good to know, thanks Chris. I was wondering what happens if I check that box and eventually want to make some clip mask rendering.

Now I'm relieved. :D
Gai...

xrok1

Post by xrok1 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:42 am

it might be nice if the render selected only was a radio button beside "fit to view proportions" instesd of the annoying popup when you forget to deselect everything. pops up on me all the time but i always hate to check don't show again, it's fine to check it now but in 2 months when i forget about the choice i made and the popup i'll be here asking questions in a duh moment till someone reminds me about the choice i forgot i made!?

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:48 am

:lol:
ok, so maybe there's a better way to render only selected than the way it's handled now...

Gaieus
SketchUp: 6 7 8

Post by Gaieus » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:01 pm

Well, I am kind of used to this as Tomasz' su2kt also has the ability to only export selected (and that goes by default). So not a biggie for me personally but if others feel like there is a more convenient solution and it's not too hard to implement, you can give it a go.
;)
Gai...