DELETED

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
dvd63

DELETED

Post by dvd63 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:16 am

Why is the topic that I opened from V1 to V2 has been deleted ?

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: DELETED

Post by Fletch » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:22 am

My guess, is that it looked suspiciously like trolling. :dftt: It must have been deemed rude and/or offensive by one of the admins or moderators.

Be encouraged, it was one in perhaps 10 threads/comments ever to be deleted. (Threads and comments are very rarely deleted here.)

On that note, be also encouraged, V1 licensed users will continue to have Tech Support and Red Carpet Access to all resources posted in the future even for V2, while V2 Hobby users will not. So, there is still special treatment for licensed users. :hat:

dvd63

Post by dvd63 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:43 pm

The owners of Twlight can decide on the strategies business trends they want. We are the ones who pay , and sometimes we do not agree, do not you think? Best wishes

sorrentino
SketchUp: Sketchup 2014

Post by sorrentino » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:28 pm

Are you really crying over 99 dollars? come on now :wall:

dvd63

Post by dvd63 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:38 am

No because I have already spent!
I did something different but maybe I have not been understood. It happens.
I will close here for the happiness of all.

pdwyer
SketchUp: 2013

Post by pdwyer » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:49 pm

It's interesting that people "expect" upgrade discounts now as some kind of god given right and feel personally slighted when it doesn't appear. Like people have been trained to have expectations and a say in "free" services like facebook and gmail.

From what I can see, the hobby version has all the same features as the previous version of twilight, plus many of the new features and the perf upgrade and looked at by itself is a free upgrade. The only thing it lacks is special brownie points for long time users (touchy feely respect value) .

I understand the idea of "upgrade revenue" for small software shops, I really want the deep material editor since I used layered and procedural materials in blender and want it in SU, as well as a kind of quick render like Thea has (which I'd been considering but haven't purchased). Yes, of course, a discount would be great but even if they did it for $60 it's not that big a deal in the diff.

Is it really the difference in $$ or is it that the user feels some personal level of slight here? get over it. Go spend $400 for Thea if you want to protest .

If you are in a revolutionary mood, go read about the Fed! :lol:

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Post by Fletch » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:41 pm

Thanks for the support pdwyer.

V2 Hobby is VERY MUCH SO a free upgrade in nearly every way. As far as special treatment, we could easily create a V2 only red carpet club, but decided to share the love with all V1 licensed users. So,
V1 licensed users will continue to have Tech Support and Red Carpet Access to all resources posted in the future even for V2, while V2 Hobby users will not. So, there is still special treatment for licensed users

dvd63

Post by dvd63 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:11 pm

Dear pdwyer I already Thea for many years and I have not paid as much as you say . I can tell you that I still have not asked for money for the many updates that were there, and I would be willing to pay for these. Thea is another thing ... Please God let it be ...