Trial version

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
pbacot
SketchUp: 2019

Trial version

Post by pbacot » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:22 pm

Although the the app seems to be installed and WORKING fine, everytime I open Sketchup I get the "Unable to load the Twiight Render plugin." message.

Another question, if I may mix them here. Seems just about every spherical sky image I put in comes out very large, but there seems no way to adjust this. I get best results making an alpha mask and replacing the background (sometimes with the same image I use for lighting, if the position is right) and it comes in at nice scale and resolution. And is it also impossible to adjust the elevation of the image?

Why if I choose (on a regular rendering setting) to only render selected Twilight still includes the background? Would be nice to omit the background image as an option instead of having to mask it out afterwards.

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: Trial version

Post by Chris » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:00 am

pbacot wrote:Although the the app seems to be installed and WORKING fine, everytime I open Sketchup I get the "Unable to load the Twiight Render plugin." message.
My guess is you have V1 working but V2 is failing. Are you using OSX 10.8? We have had a few 10.8 users report that V2 fails for them. We have created a special 10.8 install of V2. I will send you the link if that is your case.
pbacot wrote: Another question, if I may mix them here. Seems just about every spherical sky image I put in comes out very large, but there seems no way to adjust this. I get best results making an alpha mask and replacing the background (sometimes with the same image I use for lighting, if the position is right) and it comes in at nice scale and resolution. And is it also impossible to adjust the elevation of the image?
This is just how spherical sky images work. You can not adjust them.
pbacot wrote: Why if I choose (on a regular rendering setting) to only render selected Twilight still includes the background? Would be nice to omit the background image as an option instead of having to mask it out afterwards.
This is a good suggestion. Unfortunately it is not supported by the render engine.

pbacot

Post by pbacot » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:17 pm

Doh---I didn't recall having v.1

Yes I have OS 10.8.5.. YES. Please let me know about the special installation!

I've used the same spherical images with more luck in Kerkythea. Are there some good sample backgrounds for Twilight for lighting and background?

Yes I think It'd be cool to be able to use IBL and then replace the background image without the extra step of a mask render and layer mask.

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Post by Chris » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:50 pm

Here are the links. We will be posting them on our website soon.

Hobby:
http://www.twilightrender.com/public_da ... by_108.rbz
Pro:
http://www.twilightrender.com/public_da ... ro_108.rbz

Just install over the top of your existing install, then restart SketchUp.

Apple claims that building a program with the platform SDK's (software development kit) that you can build with a later version, like 10.9, and it will still auto-magically work with earlier versions, like 10.8. This, however, does not appear to actually work or at least doesn't work for SketchUp. We built V2 with the 10.9 SDK but it does not work on 10.8. We had to create a special build built on the 10.8 SDK.

pbacot

Post by pbacot » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:33 pm

THANKS

The hobby version would not work. The Pro does, but I don't have a license. Like the changes so far--might be getting that license after trying this time. P