Working with Kerkythea

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
pbacot
SketchUp: 2019

Working with Kerkythea

Post by pbacot » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:48 am

So I understand, you can save a file to work on the render further in Kerky. I have some old Kerky projects. Is there a workflow in the other direction? Will Twilight recognize Kerky materials assigned to a SU model? I suppose I can reassign the materials from the Kerky folders. Are there other ways to take advantage of the previous rendering work and begin re-working in Twilight?

I ask as I am cooking a model that I previously did in Kerkythea. Doing an interior progressive preview preset, and although it has a ways to go--without doing anything to the model-- I am amazed how realistic it is looking from the start. It may surpass the Kerky rendering in one try if I let it go.

Fletch
SketchUp: 2016-2023

Re: Working with Kerkythea

Post by Fletch » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:56 am

You must re-apply the textures using Twilight. Be encouraged, it is likely that if you apply materials using Twilight Templates it will take you very little time, and the quality of the materials will be very good.

pbacot
SketchUp: 2019

Re: Working with Kerkythea

Post by pbacot » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:19 pm

Well it must be your presets, because, as I say, even without working on the textures the test render with TL looks great.