Floor Plan Render

For all the users of Twilight Render (V1 & V2), to ask questions and get started
LauraCristescu

Floor Plan Render

Post by LauraCristescu » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:35 am

Hey guys, sorry i have been away so long.

I'll make this short. I got hired as an interior designer for a company that does 3d visualisations for apartements. Recently we've been having an increase in demand for floor plan renders like here http://www.diakrit.com/images/jc_cms/sl ... &type=crop .

Now i reccomended Twilight and Sketchup for fast work, since our graphic artists are taking too much time, and it's not feasible for the price. So my question is, which do you think would be the best render preset for this? Any suggestions?

Chris
SketchUp: 2016

Re: Floor Plan Render

Post by Chris » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:09 pm

I've always loved the look of floor plan renders. :D
I'm not the expert on this, but there are a few things to take into consideration. First, the renders are usually made without any direct light, but more of an "ambient light" feel. This is usually accomplished by setting the background to Sky Color and then choosing a white or light gray color. Because there is a lot of light coming from all around, you don't have to worry too much about complicated light paths or whatever. However, on the other hand, there is a high potential for light leaks (light flares occurring in corners and edges). If you have the time, it's always best to go for quality even if it's overkill, so choose High+. If you don't have the time, Low+ will probably work (just watch out for light leaks).

LauraCristescu

Post by LauraCristescu » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:23 pm

Perfect results and fast! No leaks with High+ and it only took 2 minutes. The good thing is i dont really need to bother with material detail since it wont be noticed anyway. Thanks!

Turner

Post by Turner » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:22 pm

Nice render!

I'm new to TW so I don't know much about the settings.

However...regarding the floorplan... you should never have the lavatory door open in a direction that immediately exposes the occupant! :o

Beautiful work though.

LauraCristescu

Post by LauraCristescu » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:36 pm

I didn't make that one :))). It was simply posted as an example. :p